Should I stay working at McDonalds or go onto the carree I'm really passionate about?

I would really rather be working as a babysitter or nanny or working at a daycare center which is what I'm going to be going to college for. I have pletty of offers but haven't been going for them due to my schedule at McDonalds.

Most Helpful Guy

• Life is too short to work in a job you are not that keen on. I strongly advise you to take the daycare job for two reasons.

1. It sounds like you would enjoy that more than McDonalds
    2. If you are going to study it at university then work experience in the area you are study is good as it allows you to put what you are learning into practice and learn it to a higher standard.
    3. Having work experience in the area you are studying helps increase your employability. Remember you need to grab hold of everything you have in the workforce these days as it is very competitive.

So in my opinion there is only one choice get a job at a daycare centre, get the job first, then once you have got the job at the daycare centre leave McDonalds. If you do it the other way around and leave McDonalds and then try to get a job at a daycare centre and are not successful then you will be left with no job. So apply at the daycare centre first. How many weeks notice do you have to give McDonalds before leaving?

What Guys Said 2

• If financially it works, go for it.

• Go for whatever you enjoy

What Girls Said 3

• Follow your dreams! McDonald's is just a place where you bring your kids to fatten up!

• Go on to babysitting.

• follow your dreams!