Do you think this was a hate crime?

I feel like people are so quick to blame us for being racist. He could've done it just to do it. :/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/us/charleston-south-carolina-shooting/

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know but this really hits me because I live in Charleston. A member of our Senate was a pastor at the church and he was helping Walter Scott's family cope. Also, a coach who works at my former high school was a victim too. Hate crime or not it was wrong and whoever knows this guy needs to turn him in. His name is Dylann Storm Roof.

• Are you serious? What school did she work at and why do you think he did what he did?

• Goose Creek High School. I don't know why, but it was said that he stayed for about an hour participating in bible study and then he started shooting. They also said that a 5 year old was told to play dead by her grandmother and luckily they both survived.

• He was just caught in Shelby, North Carolina. Thank God!

What Guys Said 10

What Girls Said 6

• Okay honestly it had to be THAT church and he's white? Well it is very much possible that it could have been considering whats been going on between blacks and whites in the US :/

So you can't blame them for feeling that way. If the shoe was on the other foot, it'd be the same reaction.

• Yeah, he could've just "done it to do it" but based off his words, his motive was pretty clear. And 9 people are dead because of it.

• Are you kidding me? He said and I quote "I'm her to kill black people." He didn't just do it to do it. He went in there wanting to kill black people. It was a hate crime.

Even if it was nine white people it would be just as horrible. Because nine innocent people would still be dead today.

• Sounds like a hate crime to me.

• Umm... no one's blaming YOU for being racist. Just him.

• It's obviously a hate crime.