If God expects me not to worship other gods, isn't it only fair for me to expect him not accept the worship of other people?

It's one of the commandments. You see I'm a jealous believer and I don't want to share my God, he should be as devoted to me as I am to him or I'll have to dump him and find the God I deserve.

• Yes that's only fair. Either we have a fully open relationship or he stops having other followers.
  • No, God started double standards so he gets to keep them.
  • See answers
Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• The general idea is that if you believe that the Christian God is "the God" then you would also believe that there is no other God for you to turn to because all other religions are false. Of course, this is all just a play on emotional abuse - you think you depend on God, even though it's just an illusion.

http://i.imgur.com/G6uRmMr.jpg

• I'm an atheist (as you probably can guess), but I think Christianity could be viewed as a polytheistic religion. Even ignoring the trinity nonsense, there's satin who's really just a lesser god.

• @Not_Helping yes, but nobody argues that we should be using 4000 years old Greek medical science to battle off infections and diseases, we use antibiotics and all kinds of modern medicine. I wonder why.

• No, instead they argue we should be using 10,000 year old Chinese medicine to battle of mental illnesses, the increase in stressors in society, and some forms of physical illness using methods like acupuncture instead of chemical treatments (pills). You know, the speed by which one opens his mouth and inserts his foot is a good indicator for how compassionate, knowledgeable, and willing to listen one actually is. Just sayin'.

What Girls Said 4

• So I have 3 children does that mean I should only love one of them? Or would it be best to love them all equally? God is the creator of all man kind and we are all spiritually brothers and sisters. You don't get to hoard God to yourself. By the way just because you choose not to believe doesn't mean you get to drag others down with you.

• Are you asking your children not to love their father? Because if you're not doing that then the analogy doesn't really work. God should either accept that I want to worship other gods too, or not accept worship from other people. I don't want a one sided open relationship.

"By the way just because you choose not to believe doesn't mean you get to drag others down with you."

It's what I believe in doing, can't you respect that?

• You busted his fallacy in a simple sentence. The Spirit illuminated you. How can a father not love all his children.

• Cut out the middle man and become an un-believer.

• Loooolwutt

• Do you agree?

• Are you sure? D;

• He created priests in his image...

• lol WTF? Come on

What Guys Said 8

• The problem with thinking is that while everyone can do it not everyone can do it well.

• You managed alright when chose your username...

• I checked Strong's Concordance... nowhere does the Bible say God gives a shit what you expect.

But I will give you this:

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our savior; who will have all men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. " I Timothy : 3-4 ( KJV ).

Looks like God's gonna save everybody, including those who believe nothing.

• There's a difference between belief and worship. One could believe in god/s but consider him/her/them to be pricks and not deserving of worship.

• Agreed... and as I said, it doesn't give a shit what anyone believes.

• Wow.. the question people come up with these days

• Are you just here to acknowledge your awe, or are you going to provide an answer?

• Absolutely hilarious.

• wanna hear the great truth?

• Which one?

• that your belief system is hacked :) ...
      you're not thinking right man ... this is all what i have to say about your question !
      if you're too curious to understand... let me know

• I see that went over your head...

• Yeah, this god sounds like a polygamist.

• thats nonsense and bottom quality fallacies. We all need God to be saved. if you want a paradise just for you, God doesn't want you with Him and in his paradise in the first place. you can't mix with the divine energies, this isolation resembles more lucifer... . God is about giving and sharing, a christian is someone that would sacrifice his place in heaven if it was that his fellow human could take this place instead... .

• as a blessed mind once said, you never go alone in heaven. meaning that a saved christian has taken many others in the path of God during his life and supported them with his words and his prayers.

• you and i exist. He, does not exist. υπ-αρξις= υπό-αρχής = being under a principle/power/dominion... .

• You actually said it? (That means your mouth opened and the words came out...)

• That would be like saying if you aren't allowed to murder, everyone else is allowed to.

• How is expecting God to be faithful to me the same as approving of murder?

• "You'll only do it if the other guy ignores whether everyone else follows the same rule."

Again, that's not what I'm saying. Tell them not to worship him as he is already being worshipped.

• Aha. I understand now, but IMHO you're missing the point of the rule.