Most Helpful Guy
1. Because everyone does. It's genuinely scary and is recognised by many as a big risk.
2. Because men are used to being and are expected to be the dominant ones and so the idea of someone having such a big hold over us is scary. ("When a man loves a woman, she becomes his weakness, When a woman truly loves a man, he becomes her strength, This is called the exchange of Power." - Ritu Ghatourey )
3. Because it's an end to the freer days of one night stands and casual relationships and, in some ways, our youth. A serious relationships involve a lot of responsibility and can lead to a mortgage, kids etc. which can be scary in and off itself.
4. Because it can lead to a lot of serious and depressing questions (Does she love me? Am I good enough for her? Am I ready? Can I support a family?)
5. Because it can ruin us. Divorces can cause a man to lose his house, kids, money, car, friends and life. (Maybe that is just a reason why I am afraid though so this may not apply to most men)
6. Because it will change us forever. We might move to be closer to the person we love and fall out of touch with friends, we might changes jobs, we might change ourselves even, we might become happier than we've ever been. Or not.
Why wouldn't we be scared? Just listing those has freaked me out.2