Why are some men scared of falling in love?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Because everyone does. It's genuinely scary and is recognised by many as a big risk.

2. Because men are used to being and are expected to be the dominant ones and so the idea of someone having such a big hold over us is scary. ("When a man loves a woman, she becomes his weakness, When a woman truly loves a man, he becomes her strength, This is called the exchange of Power." - Ritu Ghatourey )

3. Because it's an end to the freer days of one night stands and casual relationships and, in some ways, our youth. A serious relationships involve a lot of responsibility and can lead to a mortgage, kids etc. which can be scary in and off itself.

4. Because it can lead to a lot of serious and depressing questions (Does she love me? Am I good enough for her? Am I ready? Can I support a family?)

5. Because it can ruin us. Divorces can cause a man to lose his house, kids, money, car, friends and life. (Maybe that is just a reason why I am afraid though so this may not apply to most men)

6. Because it will change us forever. We might move to be closer to the person we love and fall out of touch with friends, we might changes jobs, we might change ourselves even, we might become happier than we've ever been. Or not.

Why wouldn't we be scared? Just listing those has freaked me out.

What Guys Said 10

• Cause there are high chances of falling in love to a girl that will screw your life.
    Falling in love with an amazing girl must be the best thing ever, but it is very likely that to get to that perfect girl, you first have to go through crappy women that will only cause you pain.

• 1. I'm honestly scared today after a lifetime of experiences (long story that repeats over and over again w/o fail)
    2. Everyone has their own reason for it
    3. Most time it's because of the responsibilities that entail a relationship

• I think this affects both genders

• Yes I agree but I would like to know about men in general.

• I'm Asexual, So, I fear getting close to people.

• because of how far we fall, we may not always be able to control the velocity, once captivated by you, sometimes its easier to cling to the ledge then to completely let go. :) hope that helps , im not saying this is true for all men but may be a perspective for a few.

• porcupine dilemma

• Because of heartbreak... plus it causes our wallets to be as empty as the bird nest people find when cleaning their back yard...

• Relationships take lots of time and attention and can leave people with nothing even after all they've given.

• because they know the female isn't likely to fall for them.

So why risk something when you know the female can and will do better.

• scared cause a lot of girls a good liars and girls are worse than us men whn it comes to shallowness and being bitchy after break ups...

What Girls Said 4

• Why are some people scared of falling in love? It's not just guys. I guess it's the possibility of getting too attached and then getting hurt.

• People usually fear falling in love if they have been hurt before, or if they've been rejected in someway. They fear facing the emotional pain they went through in the past, so put up a barrier to safeguard their emotions

• IT makes them soft and mellow, their heart is pierced with your arrow.

• it ties them down,. Being tied down takes maturity. They aren't that mature yet

• So if you don't wanna be tied down and prefer being single you're immature? Hmmmm...

• I was referring to your comment, not you as a person.
      It would be cool for you to explain it, but I feel you can't, so like I said before, there's no point to keep talking.

• Ok love birds... you can stop fighting now lol XD