Why does showing interest in a person have to be ruled as being clingy or desperate?

People love to tell you don't play games but then you see/hear people telling you "never call a guy", "don't text first", "don't double text" etc it's like damned if you do, damned if you don't. Ugh

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• It is definitely a nightmare to navigate through it

• Honey, if you figure this out, would ya let me know because it baffles the sh1t out of me.

People say they want someone to love them. The next thing you know, you're "too clingy." WTF?

• If you texted first that's totally fine, but if he didn't reply then that's your answer, someone who's interested in you will reply. Someone who doesn't even reply out of courtesy is definitely not worthy

• They're stupid rules, just ignore them. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a girl texting first or taking initiative.

What Girls Said 3

• I bet all the people who preach about this 'dating rule' and several others like the 3-day rule of calling back and such are single.

The whole aim of dating is to make it clear whether or not you're interested, if it would make sense to pursue you. Playing hard to get will not only deter any people who would possibly make a move, but will also leave you known as one who plays games, hot&cold.

• I know. I texted him that i hope he's having a good day but got no response 😔

• maybe he's at work/class or something? Some people turn off their phone throughout the day to avoid distractions. You sending one text to him isn't clingy at all.. if you were sending one every half hour, that might be a bit overkill but you're fine.

• You can, just don't always be the first one to do everything. It should be equal for both..

• Haha i understand this. Both men and women can initiate anything and let it be known to the other party that you are interested. It becomes clingy/desperate when either one of them go mental like bombarding with text messages/calls etc There's still a good way to show interest without looking clingy and that is to keep it just cool. Do not rush into things.

• So will it be "clingy" if I text him again today even though he didn't respond to me lastnight?

• Right, or how about I just text him and tell him since he likes to be rude and ignore me then he doesn't have to worry about ever hearing from me again. I'm not one to play games or use tactics I rather be upfront and honest with him. I think he might be with another girl, so maybe I should text him to be funny.

• Uh oh. Not that for now. How are you able to tell that he's with another girl? Do you know him enough?