How do I fix a folder on my hard drive?

I have different folders on my hard drive and all of a sudden my movies folder is no longer a folder - it looks like a blank white Page? How do I fix this? As I can't access it now PLEASE HELP

Most Helpful Guy

• You my have transmitted a virus to it. I have seen this happen before. It basically changes all of the items to "hidden" in the folder attributes. You need to right click on the drive icon, hit properties, and see if the "hidden" checkbox is checked. Uncheck it, click oK. if it asks you to make all subfolders have the same trait, click yes.
    You are gorgeous by the way if that is really you on your profile.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm not sure but the first thing I would do is scan for viruses. The best way is to boot from a live CD because then the virus on your hard drive is idle and cannot defend itself.

Message me if you want more specifics. I am an I. T. Consultant.

• That sounds like the folder has either been corrupted or detleted, is this a shortcut to a folder or an actual folder itself?

• An actual folder. How do I fix it? :/ any way? It has a loooooot of movies in it

• Its an external hard drive

• Hmm, can you give me a screenshot so i can see what your drive letters are as well as an image showing where you movies folder is (feel free to message me it)

What Girls Said 1

• Blank white page? Are you sure your movie folder wasn't deleted? What is the extension of the white page you talking about?

• It was working fine this morning then where the folder should be it looks like a white page called "movies". But I'm sure its there still as the size is 1.39GB
      What do you mean by extension?

• I dunno how that happened :/ it has a lot of movies in it lol

• It's illegal to have them anyway, best not to rediwnload them