Why do I attack/berate people I like, when I'm stressed?

I've lost 3 really good guys over my behaviour and I just wanted to know why I turn nasty (tell them all their flaws) when I'm upset or stressed!

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you're in a bad mood and you don't know the proper way to deal with your emotions

What Guys Said 2

• You don't like yourself, so when you're upset with them you try to make them feel about themselves the way you do about yourself, but great that you asked. You can work on it if you want. The best thing to do is just get away from people for a moment when you're angry and then confront them after you've cooled off. Now, if you want to like yourself, just focus on the things about you that you do like, and laugh the rest off.

• You're in a bad mood and needed to direct that somewhat else

What Girls Said 1

• You probably are trying to push them away, so you can't get hurt, and so they can't cause you any more stress. Even if you don't realize it. When people are under stress they can snap, and this happens and you can say things you don't mean.