Just found out my boyfriend is a sociopath/psychopath. I don't know what to do?

So he told me last night in a fit if tears. I've been researching it all day. Getting all the information I can about what it is, what it means, if it will effect our relationship, etc. And it's a big thing. But it truly explains why he's done a lot of the things he's done. So I was just wondering if any of you have had experience with someone close to you being a sociopath and how you delt with it? Thanks in advance. I really care about him and this doesn't change that, but I just want advice for the future. Knowing this how will it help me cope with him better and understand what's going on in his head.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sociopaths are intelligent and manipulative. I would get out of that relationship unless you want to match wits with him. You got to know how to not get used.

What Guys Said 1

• Being with a psychopath is not a good idea.

What Girls Said 3

• I think your boyfriend is a manipulative little liar looking for sympathy and you need to move the heck on.

• Is he actually diagnosed or isn't a self-diagnosis?

• Actually diagnosed.

• Well then the following advice depends how old you are. If you are under 16 move on and find someone else. If you 16 and over and haven't been dating long move on and find someone else. If you are 16 and over and you have been together for a long time I suggest going to therapy with him.

• He is lying ! A Psychopath wouldn't be " in a fit of tears " about it. Psychopaths don't view themslves as one, even if they are professionally diagnosed. They have an air of arrogance about themselves which prevents them from allowing anyone to label them. They have no true emotions. He may be a Pathological liar or have some other type of Psychosis