Did you ever faint?

Why? And what is it like?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I have low blood pressure, So, sometimes, ill just randomly loose my vision, Which will cause me to fall over *Because im disorientated*, whilst i dont actually faint, The loss of vision causes me to collapse (Because of loss of balance), but, I am awake and still completely functional during it, So, Its scary as fuck when it happens, You just sort of have to await the pain if you have nothing to grab onto :/.

• Dude I used to have that! It would always happen when I stand up too quickly after laying down or sitting for a good while. When you're sitting or laying down, your blood pressure drops significantly. Then when you stand up really quick, the sudden shift in your blood pressure causes you to temporarily "black out".

• Yeah, It happens when i stand up and stuff, Heck, even yawning will trigger it :/, It lasts like 5 seconds up to the really really bad ones which last like 15 seconds. But, like i said, if there is nothing to hold onto on those big ones, i will fall 99% of the time, and it fuckin hurts so much because obviously i have no sense of direction, and dont know which direction i will hit the floor, so there is no way of preparing for the fall, It fucking sucks when you hit your face :/.

What Guys Said 12

• Never in my life have I fainted I have become light headed and saw stars but never fell or passed out

• Don't recall ever fainting

• Yeah like every time when I'd get shots your heart beats really fast and you feel nauseous and dizzy and don't remember when you pass out.

• yes, I did. I was in 9th grade and it was summer and I was in music class. We were standing in a circle and were singing.
    My legs felt like sponges, and I felt a slight tingle at first. Then a chill went down my spine and I felt nauseous. Then I got cold and my fingers went cold and were sweating.
    My vision then blurred and I fainted.
    I felt extremely weak and helpless.

• I don't think so.

• Hasn't happened yet

• Nope, never have done.

• I've never fainted before, but I'm actually quite curious to hear about it from others.

• I fainted once, I was standing in the middle of some stairs. Naturally, I fell. Was not a pleasant experience.

I was very young at the time, and I think I was scared of this *huge* spider, or something.

• I mostly faint when i watch Adam Sandler's movies

• I aaaaaalmost have. I was on the edge of fainting.

• When I was at high school in NZ we were standing in the hot sun and I came over all faint. I didn't actually fall over or go right out but it was close as they let us inside just as it started to go black. Was scary

What Girls Said 13

• I used to faint a lot in the past, it was always due to my low blood pressure (due to anaemia and my weight) - It never felt nice, at first I would feel this kind of rushing sensation in my head, then it got hot, then it got cold, then everything black. Basically.

• Yes I have and it was in walmart. XD

I was inline at my bank at the time and was feeling light headed and having issues standing up. All of a sudden the next thing I know I'm on the ground and my lip hurts. Apparently during the fall my lip hit part of the counter. Lucky for me this guy friend caught me before my head hit the hard ground.

• I have hypoglycemia which is essentially low blood sugar. I need to eat every two/three hours or I'll faint.
    The worst time was when I was at NASA for an anniversary of the first moon landing. All the old astronauts were sitting on a panel and right behind the chairs in front of them my family & I were standing. I suddenly felt light headed and the world began to spin. Everything turned black and white and I decided to sit down (though I was actually falling). My mom caught me, or I would have cracked my head open. I was out for about 2 minutes but ok. It was just really embarrassing lol because everyone saw.

• Yes, it was 3 years ago. When I woke up and stepped out of my bed, I just collapsed. It was really weird because I didn't even feel like fainting..
    When I regained my consciousness, it felt like I was lying on the ground for a while but it was only a few seconds.

• I fainted once during a physical (really low blood sugar) and a few times when I was sick (incredibly feverish). It doesn't really feel like much. You vision goes blurry and your head goes buzz-y and you get a feeling like you need to lie down.

• I have and it feels awful. You feel dizzy and then start seeing black dots. It starts at the sides of your vision? and then more dots appear, filling everything you see from the sides to the center until everything is black. At the same time, you lose control of your body and feel weak, etc. next thing you know, you're on the floor and someone's trying to wake you up.

I don't know why I fainted. It happened years ago out of nowhere and I just ignored it because I'm irresponsible lol

• Yes, a few times during my period. Although i haven't fainted in years i sometimes feel faint when my period is heavy

• Yeah, I have. I've come very close many times, too. Since September last year, I've been wearing down. I've had some health problems and I've been on lots of medicines and hormones. Thus, I don't have much energy. I can't do much at once. I also don't eat very well for those reasons which just makes my energy and such worse. I black out sometimes but I don't actually faint or even fall. I get lightheaded often and easily. I'm just kind of used to it. There's not much I can do. I've brought this up to my parents and they won't ask my doctor so I guess I'll just have to live with it until something crazy happens.

So back to the point--I have fainted a few times and for the same general reason. Let me just say it was not pleasant.

• yeah in the shower once... lol not cool

• when i was 12 i shattered my left foot and hit my head on concrete on the way and was out for a while i don't know how long when i woke up i was a little disoriented then i remembered who i was, where i was, etc and felt fine but my foot did not

i also have low blood pressure due my weight and fast metabolism both of which i can't control so if i go a longtime without eating i start to feel nauseous, my vision is horrible, i feel dizzy and faint, fatigued and like i have less control of my body and mind but it has never actually caused me faint but very close when i got food i felt fine

• I've never fainted and I bet it's not a good thing to experience either

• I fainted because I didn't get enough sleep and barely ate all day. It was weird. I got super dizzy and my legs just gave out. When I fell I felt a weird sensation of sinking into the floor and a warmth like submerging into a warm bath.

• Never fainted in my life