Anyone here who has tried to commit suicide?

Feel free to go anon if you wish. I'm just wondering.. obviously, if you've tried to do it and you're reading this, you didn't exactly succeed... so I wanna know, how did you feel when you realized that everything didn't go as planned and you did not die? Were you upset and angry? Or did you feel like you've been given a second chance? Thankful? Did you regret that you tried to? Basically, HOW DID YOU FEEL AND HOW DID YOUR LIFE CHANGE AFTERWARDS? Did people treat you differently? And what method did you use to try to commit suicide? I just wanna hear storiiiiiieeees.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, When i was at school, I was Obese, And obviously got bullied a lot, And there was this one day, It was a Monday, And the weekend before, My grandma had just died, so obviously i felt like shit. And, i got into school, Got bullied to fuck as usual, but, this day was espcially bad, I even got pushed down the stairs on the bus on the way home.
    So, That night, I went about commiting suicide, I didn't really give a shit how, I just couldnt put up with this shit anymore, So, Went to the Medicine cabinet in the bathroom, Basically just took a load of everything, Sat down in the corner of the room, And just went to sleep. Woke up the next morning *Sorry if this is gross*, covered in my own vomit, And with what is possibly the most severe stomach pain and headache I've ever had.
    I'm sure the next time i attempt it, I will try something like Carbon Monoxide poisoning or some shit if i ever feel that low again, Since i now know how bad Overdosing is, But yeah... it sucks. and no, My life had not changed at all.

• Thank you very much for sharing!
      I'm very sorry about your shitty experiences, and I sincerely wish and hope you won't have to try that again!! :(

• Mhmm, good to hear ;)

• Thanks for MHO matey ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• I did when I was 10. I got bullied since I started school up until high school, but that year, I dealt with a lot more and a nasty rumour spread so I tried to hang myself after watching a documentary about a girl who hung herself so I tried to do it the same way. The years after that, there were multiple times where I thought about dying but never actually attempted it again. I actually became depressed late 2014 the first semester and thought about it a lot but never considered actually doing it again. The time I actually attemped, I would always stop because I'd be thinking about my family and how selfish I was for trying to leave them and take the unspecified item from around my neck and just cry then go to sleep.

• Wow, 10 is such a young age... thanks for sharing!

• I know people who've tried it the same age or younger. Little kids can be ruthless, and thanks for reading!

What Guys Said 18

• Yeah I've tried twice before but apparently it's harder than you might think to drink yourself to it or take pills.
    How did I feel when I woke up? Well nothing really, life just went on and nothing really changed. I simply thought "Oh well, I just have to live through this as well then...". I weren't really the happiest person after that though (not that I was before either). The first time I thought that once I woke up people would care more than they had done before, but nope, no one really did. People said maybe a word or so but after that nothing else. And that's sort of what I learned. People don't care about anyone who they don't have to care about. Some might say they do, but I've so far not found a single one who cared enough about me to actually want to help me. I guess that has to do with the fact that I don't show my emotions usually and am an expert at putting a mask on my face. :P
    So yea... I did not feel thankful after the whole thing, I still don't. Even if I would have succeeded no one would have cared for more than a few days. Life goes on and one lonely life doesn't matter.

Oh and this is not something I did recently and I've already accepted life for what it is so I'll probably not do it again in a long time (I think at least. :P ).

• Thanks a lot for sharing!
      I see your point, I also sometimes feel like people either don't really care much about all that or just pretend to care.
      Good that your life is better now! :)

• True. That's what I've taught myself to have just so that I won't seem like such a boring person all day long. :P
      Plus, hopefully it will lead to me finding someone who can help me feel better. ^^

• Hahah, I'm sure it will help you find someone. Cool cool

• Tried slow suicide with very heavy drinking for about 25 years and a bad sleeping pill addiction for about a year but have turned around in last few years.

• Good for you! I know how downright evil thoughts of suicide or general worthlessness can be.

• Thanks @Remonster I realised how it was affecting people around me.

• Yeah. Alcohol addiction is nasty like that. And you yourself are usually the last person to notice just how bad the state you're in is. I'm glad you kicked the habit.

My dad was quite the drinker before I was born. My mom went through a difficult pregnancy so when I was born he was so happy swore to never drink again. And he kept that promise to this very day. :)

• tried? no. did something really stupid though? yes. but I promised @rcjh197 I wouldn't do it again.

• @asker I actually look forward to dying, I want to know what happens after we die, if anything. Any time I see those shows where people have had a near death experience, and were out of their bodies, I just want to see if that's what really happens. I know this was a bit off topic so far. I do see the appeal of suicide. It really is a permanent solution for whatever bothers people, and I don't think you can force someone to live if they don't want to. As a society, we are programmed to treat suicide as a horrible thing, but really they are not hurting anyone else. They simply made a decision to die sooner than they naturally would. We all end up in the grave either way. Just my honest thoughts on this.

• That's a very interesting question. I have never tried to do it, but now I'm curious to know about how people felt after they didn't succeed either.

• Four persons I knew committed suicide. The youngest was way too young.
    Nuff said.

• I tried to poison myself once. Then I projectile vomited all over my room. Then I called for an ambulance. Not my proudest moment.

Afterwards, my friends were really sweet. I was put on medication, which made me more outgoing, but sucked in the long run.

• No never crossed my mind I ran away from home once for like 3 hours but that's it lol.

• Hmm, I got pretty close once. Or well I wouldn't even call it close but simply grabbing a sharp knife in a panic with racing thoughts about seriously ending my life. It was intense. No my life didn't change at all, it only got worse.

Until now :)

• no and wouldn´t ever try. i thought about a lot of comical "departures" though because i kind of have a black humor about it. it´s a serious topic and i don´t actually condone it.

• I've contemplated committing suicide before, but I never actually tried to do it. I don't want to commit suicide anymore because I think there is a chance that I might miss something wonderful if I do commit suicide.

• Meh, bit counterproductive. Us commoners should be too busy to do that.

• 14 years ago i went for, somehow my car didn't crash and locked up perfectly taking me to safety. private message me if you want to chat about you and my experience.

• I had the thoughts, but I casted those away in time

• never try but i thing about it

• I tried and only didn't succeed as I didn't research enough about how to go about it. Afterwards I felt a little disappointed that I rushed it and it didn't work, and nothing has really changed since.

• I have never tried it nor I want to.

• I have been really really close to it, many times during my teens and early twenties. My dad was never a dad, just a guy that pulled me down and beat me and my mother and siblings. I was bullied everywhere, there was nowhere I could go to feel "safe". School was hell, being home was hell. I was a pussy as well, hence I'm still here, but it also meant I was too scared to run away from home. My parents were too young to have kids when they did (I'm the eldest of 3), and they completely failed at raising me properly (currently in therapy, for 4 years and counting). As if by magic, I found a girlfriend in my early/mid twenties and she's now my wife.

Anyway that's all irrelevant to your question.

One night I was feeling particuarly down (well, down was my normal state of being back then, but this night it was worse than ever before). I had the scissors ready. I played an online game where I had made some friends. One of them being an American guy that lived in poverty (I'm european). That night I talked to this guy and mentioned how terrible life was for me right now.

He then told me his life story. It was even worse than my life. He said suicide is immensely selfish. He said that because he was in his late teens, and working full time because his single mother couldn't (he had younger siblings). If he went, then his family would stave. The word "selfish" really left a big impression on me there, and it really got me thinking. That day was the worst day of my life but it was also the last time I ever considered suicide.

Now, I am in love with my best friend who is also my wife, I have a good job, my car is awesome, and life in general is getting better every day. I'm glad I was too much of a pussy.

• I can relate. I've also had periods in my life where I really just wanted to end this life, but knowing myself, I know that I'd never ever actually do it, I'm way too much of a pussy just like you and I have too many hopes for a beautiful future.
      It's so cool that your life is great now! :))))

• Just hang in there. If there's one thing I've learned in the last 10 years it's that things ALWAYS get better. No exceptions.

Also sorry for having posted something that isn't actually at all relevant to your question lol. I just started typing and then suddenly all the words came out.

• Thanks, good to know. 😄 That's what I'm hoping for.

Noooo, don't apologize, it actually was relevant in a way!!

What Girls Said 6

• I've never tried it but i've thought about it, i've struggled with anxiety and depression all of my life but as i've gotten older and after watching my grandmother die, it really changed me a lot. Normally those things make already depressed people worse and it did make me worse for a little while but it made me appreciate life a lot and the moments and experiences we get, so I don't take life for granted anymore and I don't let depression or anxiety ruin my life anymore even if I still struggle with it sometimes lol

• I've never tried but I used to think about daily when I was younger.

• I've never tried it before and I will never will

• Never thought about it. I'd probably be to much of a baby to do it anyways.

• No way! I am way to scared to die!

• I have tried my to commit suicide multiple. My most recent method almost was successful. It was asphyxiation I tried. I survived just barely but I got short term brain damage from it.