Is 3500 a small savings account for being 20?

I only accumulated this money within a year. And this is US dollars. I feel poor lol

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Saving money is hard. Especially when you have lots of outgoings like a car, your not living at home and have living costs etc etc. I think any amount of money you save is good just be careful what you spend it on when you do make sure it is put to some use. :)

What Guys Said 11

• No, not at all! Actually, this is a very large savings account for people in their 20's in general. When I was 20 years old, I didn't even HAVE a savings account lol.

In this economy we are living in, you should give yourself a pat on the back. I had $40 in my savings but it disappeared somehow (I need to call my bank about that) and I have around a thousand dollars in my Checking account, mind you, I'm extremely cheap with money.

• it is great and the reason is that you are forming a good habit. This is almost 300 a month. Some people cannot save 25.00. I have a friend broke every month ons buying stupid stuff.

• Not a bad start.

• I think you will survive. Don't worry.

• I have £60 in my bank.. I'm poor af.

• Its pretty decent. At least in the Midwest.

• That's good job i give you credit least your saving up

• That is actually really bad presuming you work a job regardless of your COL.

• It isn't bad.. You should try to save about 10% of what you earn in a high interest account...

• Shit you got more money than I got.

• Much better than me.

What Girls Said 4

• I think that's more than I had in the bank at 20. I had such a hard time getting a job between second and third year unit that I think I only made 1000 CAD.

• Absolutely not. That's an amazing start at your age. Especially considering most would spend the money on food or clothes or something practically useless.

• No that is a nice savings nest. You should put some of that on a CD.

• My savings account has $65 in it... I'm 21... I'm in debt too bad I don't think... but, yes! I would say this pretty good.