Studying technique: rewriting notes- great memory tactic or a waste of time?

I've been really into looking at 'studyspo' on pinterest lately because I leave tomorrow to study abroad, so I'll be back in class. This picture really caught my eye- I can't find any tutorials or further information on it, but there seem to be a good amount of people who rewrite their notes like this. I am a visual learner, so something pretty and asthetically pleasing would help me, but I worry I would spend more time making it than I would learning. I get good grades as it is, but I am always looking to make studying more enjoyable and improve my learning quality.

What do you think? Would rewriting your notes be helpful, or no? Would you rewrite them like this or in a simpler way?

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, most of the time, it's a waste of time. I like flipping over my notes and explaining everything to myself like I was teaching someone. I use flashcards (sometimes w/friends), or write on a board. I also use diagrams and pictures to visualize where things are (for anatomy classes ).

Cornell notes work for some people too. And look up the Feynman technique if you want to learn things fast and efficiently! I heard it also works well.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 4

• If you enjoy re writing, then go for it but I personally dont have time for it.

• I've really never tried it! I just don't know if it's effective.

• That was my main study technique and I did awesome on tests and got good grades

• Cool! Did you rewrite them like the picture or just plain writing or a totally different method?

• I just wrote them the way I took them because that's what worked best for me. Something I would organize better and put in different places, but mine was a lot less elaborate

• I rewrite and rewrite, with diagrams and mind maps and random shapes, only way I learn :)

• How long does it take you?

• I guess for each exam it takes me 3/4 hours to re write, but not to the same standard as my hard copy and i tend to add stuff in

• That doesn't sound too too bad.

• It's one of the only things that works for me!