Is there any truth to "White People Ruined The World"?

I mean if you look at the past, white people when to a lot of countries and stole from and killed the natives...

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I, as a whitie, have to admit that's quite true. Even though, ruined the world is a little too exaggerated. Now, I'm not protecting white people: man, we were awful, really: killing natives, being racist, slavering people! But, you see, we weren't the first ones to do this. Way back, people all over the world went on wars, dominated places, enslaved! But, problem is, we took it out of proportions: before, they usually went small, and only did it when they really had to expand and such. White people killed entire continents, and explored nations for such a long time (sometimes still do, but that's another story to be addressed later). I believe we have a lot to apologize for, and I think that acknowledging what we did is the only way for society to move on (not forgetting what we did, of course) and get better.

What Girls Said 10

• In the short term they did and what they did was horrible and inexcusable. In the long term, they united the world together which benefits modern technology today.

• what we saw is only through media, we can't quantify whether which race do the worst thing. so no i dont see them ruining the world.

• They did good and bad.
    Every race plays a part on their history. Though some more than others.

• Of course. You could insert any race, religion or gender and it would be just as true, though.

• I'm talking about white people specifically.

• But not all races. And not all akin to for example the damage caused by the British.

• I assure you, every race has harmed the world in some way, and plenty of those are just as bad as what white people have done.

• I feel this post is race bait to get users to place the blame on other races.

• Na, I have to use this in a debate in school so I'm seeing what people say. So I can not it down.

• Ah, good use of resources.

• Yeah, putting the insults aside it is quite helpful.

• I can see it.

• The sad part is all races and ethnicities have been doing that for centuries. Read a book.

• All races are equally messed up. Not only white people do bad things.

• People are people. Genocide has happened with all races. A greed for resources and propensity for violence is part of the human race. Understanding our capacity for it as a universal entity is the only way we can overcome it.

• No there isn't

• So no white person ever contributed to ruining the earth?

• Yeah but up till now all the rulers have been white, even Obama isn't fully black as he was raised by his white mother.
      Columbus was white too!

• Okay..

What Guys Said 10

• I could give you examples of all races doing this to others. And even worse (as in the case of black people) - doing it to themselves.

• But is there any truth to that statement?

• Yes, very good point. And I could add plenty to you examples. My point, is simply that it's not "only" whites that ruined the world. They had a great deal of help.

• I agree.

• Could be a lot of truth in that statement

• Of course there is. 100%

• It wasn't and still isn't white people that are ruining the world. It was always the work of malevolent extraterrestrials leading people into wars against each other. The invasion in Iraq wasn't for oil. It was to steal the Sumerian Tablets that contained information left behind by extraterrestrials. Those tablets have the secret history of mankind.

• Well it ia true i guess but white people have also contributed the most too. plus the past should stay in the past.

• All humans ruined the world.

• Not all but I get what you mean. Some more than others.

• Yes they were innocent, but not all of people will agree with that. Some evil people will say that they deserved it, you know?

• Yeah but those people are evil. So we know those people are wrong.

• it would have been exactly the same if the races where reversed

• No they brought us Starbucks and Facebook.

• You mean an over priced and over rated coffee joint that can't spell for shit? And a mediocre social media site?

• Tough i am white, i hate white people. If they didn't exist the world would be a better place...

• And invented modern medicine, space craft...

And were willing to realize their errors and take actions to correct them by freeing slaves, changing laws to promote the benefit of previously oppressed people...

Get off your racist high horse, it's giving you tunnel vision. Every race, religion, and ethnic group has sins on their record, great and small. One of the biggest differences is that white people set up a society where their own faults could be brought to light and corrected... in any other time of history, you simply would have been silenced if the geographical authority disagreed with you.

Right now is the freest and most accepting time in the world. Still work to be done, but don't ignore the incredible progress of society.

So. You're welcome.

Signed,
    White People

• But white people have kind of screwe almost everyone over, I ea look at the damage they caused to India, or what they did to the native Americans. No amount of apologies can fix that.
      I've never heard of anyone apologising for what America did to Iraq, and nothings being done about it...

• other races invented as well... but i guess i get your point