I know crazy people don't know they're crazy, but do stupid people know they're stupid?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, there's stupid and there's ignorant, being ignorant isn't a bad thing because they just don't know, but stupid is knowing and doing it anyway.

I believe there's no such thing as a stupid person, just stupid actions, and they know, they just don't care for whatever reason.

What Guys Said 12

• It depends on where they sit on the Dunning Kruger curve.
    www.xonitek.com/.../...g-Kruger-Effect-300x238.jpg

• Some don't, but I think most do, just look at how this girl, she didn't wanna repeat it cause she know it's dumb af xD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfSW0A5SRq4

• Yes they do because they get told they are all the time

• Haha when I've been stupid I always admit it Sally... doesn't matter who's on the other side of the table. Honesty is so important :D

• I think on reflection they realise it - I do.

• It has been proven that the dumber someone is, the more confident they are in their abilities.

• basically it´s like this (and this is even scientifically proven): the more stupid you are, you more clever you assume yourself to be.

• lolz!!!
    i couldnt tell ya'

• Some do; some don't.

• Sometimes yes

• probably not

• In my best friend's case, no.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't know about crazy people not knowing they are crazy. Many many of them will tell you straight up that they are crazy. Lol. I don't think it's fair to call people stupid, though. We can't help what level of intelligence we are born with. My son gets called "stupid" by his peers because he has a learning disability. He struggles and works his butt off, but it's hard for him. He's not stupid, though and he refuses to see that since he keeps getting told that. He also compares himself to his sisters who are both on the honor roll. My oldest has a 3.75 average GPA and she is in the math honor society. He doesn't see that they are just different people. Now, if you are referring to people just doing stupid stuff as being stupid, then I will say that they generally do not realize their level of stupidity or immaturity.

• Any awareness whatsoever increasing lessens the crazy or stupid because it conditions the mind to be the opposite.

• I believe they do as well

• Unfortunately they don't