I'm too shy to ask my dad?

Okay yesterday was my birthday and i didn't get anything (except cake and my friend bought my perfume) and my dad promised me that he'll give me birthday money. So yesterday was my birthday and he forgot and then i went to his room and told him that it was my birthday. He said he forgot because he was sick and i was like "oh okay, get well soon" and then i left. I wanted to ask him for my birthday money but i'm shy :/

Most Helpful Girl

• Is your dad that sick? Is he not going to work? Maybe you should ask your dad if there is anything you can do for him to make him feel better before you ask for the money? Then you just ask. Don't beat around the bush, just say, hey dad you said I would get money for my birthday, did you have an idea of when that might be, I was hoping to use it to...:-)

• Well, it's ramadan (Fasting month for muslims) and there's no work. He's not fasting tho.

• Have some patience and be kind. He is your father and he doesn't feel well. If he can't fast, maybe he should see a doctor? Tell him your concerned and that you want him to feel better. Worry about the money later. Your family should be your first concern

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think the money is the problem here... how sick is your dad that eh forgot your bday?

• I don't think your father has much cash because there is no work.

• Your dad will give you what he promised you after few days... LOL

What Girls Said 5

• It is not okay that your dad forgets your birth day... Is he sick like, fysically or mentally? I think your problem is not your money, have a talk with your dad.
    even if he is sick (fysically) , he should not forget you birth day. It is my opinion, no offense to your dad

• Wait a couple of days then ask

• Oh I'm sorry that happened. It always sucks when people forget or don't realize it's your birthday. Give him a few days to follow through

• Did he give you the money?

• Have your mom remind him.