Do you want to be buried or cremated when you die?

Would you prefer to be buried or cremated after your death? Why one or the other?

I know I'd wanna be cremated, because I have a huge fear of being buried alive, suddenly waking up in a coffin 6 feet underground. Can't take that chance.

Most Helpful Guy

• I want to be left in a glass box in my basement.. so everyone can watch me rot

Most Helpful Girl

• I couldn't care less what becomes of my body after I'm done with it. It would be cool if some of its organs could be used to help someone in need..

What Guys Said 24

• I believe in advanced societies that the body is embalmed before burial. The removal of the blood, etc. Pretty much eliminates the chance of waking. I would go with cremation, also. Less space at a cemetery if you choose a cemetery. And can be scattered if whoever is in charge of your remains decides. (The reality is that it is their choice at that point) But do consider organ donation or even the use of your body for teaching medical students.

• Buried. I like to think that maybe archaeologists will find me many years after my death and wonder who I was!

• Cremated. although I am starting to go more toward donating my body to help doctors. it is just a shell, it isn't me. so i really don't care what they do with it once im gone

• I would like to be cremated, but i would like my Ashes thrown off a mountain top on a windy day, that way my ashes spread across the world

• Surprise me!

• I want to do this thing where your remains are put into a tree plant pot, so I can live on as a tree.

• I have already expressed to my family that I want to go through cryopreservation. If that doesn't work out I'll get buried.

• I think cremated

• I just wanna have a nice pic of mine on my grave. Nothing else.

• Slight preference for cremated... maybe they could make electricity with the heath, good for nature haha :D

• I'm on the fence. Part of me wants to donate my body to science and the other part would like to be buried (either without a coffin or a biodegradable one) and have a tree or something planted over me.

• Buried would be my choice.

• Yep I would prefer being cremated 😊 too

• Stuff me and let me hold the dip at the reception.

• Buried////

• Cremated first off for the reason you state and second off, I see it as an ancient tradition, therefore I prefer it.

• I want my body to be burnt after the functioning organs have been donated for benefit of those in need.

• asker I am sure they will make sure you are dead proper before cremating or burning you

• I've read plenty of stories on the internet

• those are anomalies and you can tell someone that you should be doubled checked that you are dead

• Whichever is cheapest, it doesn't matter to me. I'd be dead anyway.

• As for your fear - burning alive is better?

• I think there are far less chances of that happening. But.. yes.. it's horrible but it's way quicker. If you wake up in a coffin, it's awful, and it's a slow, torturous death. I've seen pics on the Internet where people who wake up in the coffin had tried to scratch their way through it with their nails. 😱

• I was always under the impression that you'd just lose consciousness and then die in your sleep, no pain. Whereas burning alive.. well that kinda has to hurt I imagine. Neither are particularly pleasant though :D

• So you'd rather be burned alive. xD I want to be cremated myself though.

• Well, I don't think there are that many chances of suddenly waking up right when you're about to be burned or when the process has just started. 😄

• I want to be buried. I don't know why, it's about traditions.

• I wouldn't want either of these. If I was forced to pick from both these options though, then I'd pick buried.

• Well dosen't matter either way you don't get to see yourself.
    But after you are buried your spirit may linger because your body is in the coffin.

• I'm not planning on dying. If I stay healthy, nanotechnology in medicine should have developed to the point of being able to replace vital organs and maintain life indefinitely. Immortality is the name of the game.

What Girls Said 17

• If you are Embalmed, @MissNowhere, there is no way you will... Suddenly wake up in a coffin 6 feet underground.
    There are a few in my own family, a deceased aunt being gone of them who died two days ago, who opt for cremation. They don't want their remains to rot under the ground, and the thoughts of being enclosed when the lid finally closes and they take that final ride to their resting spot, makes them feel Uncomfortable.
    I, for one, don't believe I would want to be cremated. God said "Dust to dust" and with the word 'Ashes" being used, for this is what you look like when blowing in the wind, perhaps people also believe "Ashes to ashes" as well, is what God would have approved of.
    Good luck. xx

• Cremated. So ten I can rejoin with the universe. I think cemeteries are a wast of space because after your kids die no one is going to visit instead we could build a school or hospital there. After 100 years they'll probably just build something over it

• Cremated. I would want my family to enjoy the happy memories we shared instead of grieving by my graveside. Some people get comfort from tending a grave, but one day there may come a time when they can't. Knowing my family they'd feel guilty they couln't go

• buried. i dont need people messing with my body after I'm dead unless it's to donate organs.

• can't choose lol... maybe burried...

• I don't like to think about that kind of stuff.

• Cremated. That way it's over and done with. I hate the thought of my body slowly decaying in a dark, confined space, even though I'm not "there". Lol.

• Buried would be my preference.

• Cremated! My family already knows.

• Buried

I am scared if fire.

• Idc tbh srsly

• Cremated. I have a fear of being burried.

• Definitely cremated.

• Definitely cremated.

• Buried. I wanna do a green burial so I decompose quickly and nurture the soil to aid new life

• Cremated. Costs less than being buried and doesn't take up much space... so I will be like I was in life (frugal and try to get out of the way).

• Neither. Is there a third option?

I don't want to be buried because that's a huge fear of mine. But at the same time, I don't want to be burned either