Help whats the Best way to transfer money from uk?

Hi need some help here. My bro is in the uk and some times he transfer money via wetern onion to me but they take a lot of commission is there any other better way to transfer the money with minimal or no commission? And how about if he transfer the money to my credit card? In general whats the best way?

thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the amount. International bank transfer is the only way I would do it. Western Union fees are exorbitant.

It's important to move as much as you can at one time so that you aren't regularly paying for the transfer. (You pay per transfer, rather than any percentage, when you do bank-to-bank.)

The sad thing is that many people transfer internationally on something like a monthly basis, which is understandable but results in staggering losses just in fees. If you add all the fees up over two years' time, it would sometimes have made more sense for the person to take a flight to their family member and carry cash. :)

Good luck. :)

• What you think about paypal?

• I've never used it for an overseas transfer. I don't know. Sorry. Let me know if that seems like a good option; I hadn't considered it.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd send the cash in an envelope and ask him to exchange it in travelex.

• what about paypal?

• I travel a lot and usually use these services http://www.xmlgold.eu to transfer money to my parents and friends. I stopped using western union and other services as the charges are quite high and it is not worth it already as I prefer to transfer small amounts frequently.
    The service is fast and secure, usually provide improved exchange rates if u have to convert.

What Guys Said 1

• The post office