How do you like your salad with dinner? Same plate or separate bowl?

When you have a salad with your meal do you prefer to have the salad on the same plate as your meal OR do you require a separate dish (e. g. a bowl) for your salad?

• On the same plate as the rest of the meal?
    35% (7)30% (3)33% (10)Vote
  • In a separate bowl?
    65% (13)70% (7)67% (20)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I'm in the separate bowl camp. I need a little separation of 'salad and meal'. I don't really like when the dressings from salads mix into other parts of the meal. Sometimes its fine, sometimes it even adds but sometimes it can make the meal weird (like salad on a plate with spaghetti).

0|0
10|8

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely a separate bowl. I don't know if you do this too but in Europe we usually eat salad for starters (not just in the restaurant but also at home), so it's not really a question anyway. We also have separate salad plates, which are smaller than the normal plates (there are also separate dessert plates obviously). As sometimes who is a foodie and loves to cook, I consider it styleless to have your salad on the same plate. My dad calls this "army-style" because in the military (it's mandatory in my country), he told me they always put everything very lovelessly just on one plate. First spaghetti with tomato sauce, salad on top (so that the salad sauce mixes with the tomato sauce mmmh yummy) and then the dessert on top of that. It's almost like you're just feeding your dog or a bunch of pigs.

0|1
    0|0
    • I agree 100% and also like to have the salad before the main course. this happens in restaurants in America but usually when people prepare food in their home they'll serve the entire meal at once.

What Girls Said 10

• depends on the dish lol. if it isn't anything saucy, same plate. if it is, separate bowl :P

0|1
    0|0
  • Separate bowl... I don't like mixing my food especially if the main meal has sauce or something.

0|1
    0|0
  • a separate bowl

0|1
    0|0
  • Salad is a main meal for me so on one plate

0|1
    0|0
  • I prefer a separate bowl since I eat my salads with a dressing. :D

0|1
    0|0
  • In a separate bowl. I do not like when meals touch each other.

1|0
    0|0
  • separate bowl.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am picky so I rather have it in a separate plate. :)

0|0
    1|0
  • separate bowl so the dressing doesn't try to seek out new territory

0|0
    0|0
  • separate. definitely

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Definitely in a separate bowl.

I really don't like it when certain foods touch other foods, and salad is one of em!

0|1
    0|0
  • Separate bowl/plate

0|1
    0|0
  • I prefer it separate. Salad has a tendency to take the plate over. :-P

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes especially during the summer I take left over grilled chicken or steak and add it to salad and make it a main course

0|1
    0|0
  • No not really, I get more nutrients from my special multivitamins then I ever would from a salad.

0|0
    0|0
    • you only would get more nutrients if you take more of pills. but things you can't get from those pills are the chlorophyll and fibrous material from the actual plant matter. sure you can get the vitamins but you do miss certain things like the cellulose (essential plant sugars) that stimulates healthy metabolism

• O I eat vegetables just not very many salads and no I actually do get more nutrients just by taking my daily vitamins, I get my daily value of everything I need this is what I get from them.

• Vitamin A 900 mcg per day
      Vitamin B12 600 mcg per day
      Vitamin B9/Folic Acid 200 mcg per day
      Vitamin B6 30 mcg per day
      Vitamin B5/Pantothenic Acid 100 mg per day
      Vitamin B3/Niacin 100 mg per day
      Vitamin B7/Biotin 300 mcg per day
      Vitamin B2/Riboflavin 20 mg per day
      Vitamin B1/Thiamin 30 mg per day
      Vitamin C 90 mg per day
      Vitamin D 2,000 IU per day
      Vitamin E 50 IU