Why does he keep accusing me of "hating him" after a MUTUAL break up?

I was a little more upset things ended but it was still a mutual decision. Now he keeps texting me saying: "do you really hate me?" or "I wish I was more careful so you wouldn't have to hate me"

I don't hate him though, is he feeling guilty or trying to make me feel bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• His male ego has been dented and he is lashing out.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm kind of going through the same thing. I'd asked if my ex hated me, though I still do question. She was dating someone else before I had a ring for her. When we hadn't seen each other for a few weeks, I sought to talk to her, seeing as she was happier without my company, we should end it, but it ended for her awhile before that conversation. She doesn't give me kind looks nor does she acknowledge me (we go to the same church and college group). Now I think she thinks I hate her, but through all the treatment I cannot act like I'm happy to share the room with her. It's come to where I don't hate her, but I don't enjoy her company.

I will say though, it seems this guy is trying to get back, but guilt isn't a way to continue any kind of connection.

• Becuse he's a bitch.

What Girls Said 0