If someone calls your so fat should u be offended?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I'm not fat but chubby and my family makes a lot of fun about it. I've learned to live with it but it still bothers me. I don't get offended by being called fat but it does make me very sad sometimes. Especially because I know why I'm chubby. Some people don't understand that overweight people have different reasons for being overweight. Not everyone is fat because they eat burgers and donuts all day long. In fact, I have a more healthy diet than most of my family (because I have an Asian girlfriend, I eat a lot of light Asian dishes with lots of veggies). Back when I was 16, I was super skinny - I mean, suuuper skinny. I was 6'1'' and 125 pounds (as a guy!). Back then people made fun of me because I was skinny (school mates calling me skeleton and stuff like that). However, in the past 10 years I've went through some extremely tough times in my life. I lost all my friends, I was bullied a lot, I was suicidal, I had to fear becoming blind etc.. Unfortunately, my way of dealing with these things was eating. In a way I can be glad because other people start to abuse alcohol or drugs but I was never into these things (I smoke pot but very moderately). Everyone has their own solution, mine seemed to be eating. Nowadays my life is much better again and I am generally a very happy person. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to lose my weight yet. So now I am sometimes being made fun of for being overweight, instead of being skinny. It's really strange... everyone seems to be so obsessed with my weight. In any case... I try hard to take it lightly and I don't get offended but it does make me sad. It makes me sad because people don't want to understand why I gained weight and because they want to hurt me for absolutely no good reason. As a person with a very good heart, this can be very heart-breaking for me sometimes. My grandma always told be kind to everyone and not to hurt other people's feelings for I don't want mine to be hurt either. It's hard for me to understand why some people's life purpose seems to be to make other people sad and break their hearts. Most fat people know they're fat and most of them don't like it. Unfortunately, it's not easy for everyone to change the fact that they're fat. Everyone has their own problems in life. Some have a messed up family, some have to live in a wheelchair and some are overweight. We wouldn't think it's fun to hurt the feelings of the guy in the wheelchair, so why hurt the feelings of the chubby guy.

• Well my guy is chubby and he is my teddy bear and I love him just the way he is and it just up sets me when people say stupid things like that to him

• See, that's what I'm saying :-). I think my girlfriend feels pretty much the same as you do and she also sometimes gets annoyed when my family makes fun of me (they don't mean it in a mean way but it can still be very annoying). All these jokes and insults towards overweight people also piss me off because most people who make those jokes think that overweight folks are generally lazy and stupid etc. There's so many stupid stereotypes involved with being fat. A good example how this is not true is my best guy friend. He too, is overweight. Even a little more than me (he's about 6'2'' and 240 pound). However, while he is quite chubby, he's also very fit. He plays soccer every week and in the summer the two of us like to go hiking in the Alps together. I know many skinny people who wouldn't be able to run for 90 minutes straight as he does or do this hiking. He just happens to have a bearish/big built. I'm generally a very tolerant person and I think you should just let people live.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 16

• Eh, When i was obese, and someone called me fat, I would probably just walk home, maybe sit in my room for about 4 or 5 hours feeling like shit, Perhaps not eat anything for 3 or 4 days to try and feel better about myself, then rinse and repeat.

So yeah, I personaly would take extreme offence from it...

• Looks like u lost a lot of weight. How'd u do it?

• Eh, I'm still loosing it, I was 235lb, I went down to 172lb (Mainly via excersize and massively starving myself) , Then i gained Muscle, Now im up at 183lb, Now i need to loose like 10lb more of fat and im done :/.

So yeah, Just a combo of gym and not eating :/.

• depends on the context and how it was said, if it was constructive and helpful, etc.

• It is very rude so I would be.

• Yes. Because the intention of that person calling someone fat, was to hurt and insult that person.

It's the intent that is offensive. Not hard to grasp and understand (unless that person is blinded by their hatred of fat people).

• It depends on whether it's true, although I'd probably get angry at them for being abusive twats.

• yes, you should. That was rude.

• I would only be offended if they said it in front of her as it would be disrespectful or if she wasn't really fat and they told me it just to be mean.

• You shouldn't be offended if it's true

• Nope I won't be offended at least I got something he don't have LMAO 😂

• You should stop being fat.

• Depends how they say it. Depends if is true.

• I would laugh cuz I'm only 140lbs

• Depends on your self esteem. Do you mind being fat?

• I'm not fat 120 is not fat and the question wasn't about me

• If my SO is fat, she should lose weight.

• You have fat, doesn't make you fat. Same way as people have protein but it don't make em protein...

• I've always been called fat and it turned me into a bully. Now, I just dont give a shit what people say

What Girls Said 15

• Well if you aren't happy about your weight then you will be o_o

Its just that "fat" is looked at as negative thing as opposed to skinny in many cases

Someone not happy about being skinny can be offended when called that if they aren't happy with themselves

• It wasn't about me

• wasn't directing it to you actually. Was answering the question :o

• I wouldn't be.

• Well it depends whether its true or not.

• Are you saying Significant Other? If so, then yes i would be greatly offended if someone called him fat (he's thin but still) . Any sort of negative remarks about my man will surely bring out the hateful nasty beast in me.

• Yes that's what I'm saying

• i have been called that many times by my haters. sometimes haters have nothing to call u but " ugly " " fat " " loser " and all kind of shit.. just ignore them. know that no matter what size u are , u are beautiful as always. :)

• i wouldn't be pleased but not like i would be annoyed

• I try not to be but sometimes I do get offended

• It is an offensive word to anybody.

• Not if you aren't fat

• Honestly. Don't show them that it upset you. Just say thank you and walk away.

• Yes, because that's insulting. Their intent is to hurt that person's feelings

• It depends. If it was someone I know and they were just messing with me, no. If some stranger randomly said it, it would be rude and I'd be a bit offended.

• No, I wouldn't

• Yes, no one doesn't have a reason to say that.

• no because i'll say my ass is fat then i'll walk away lololololol