What is white culture/European culture? Why do some people say white people/europeans have no cultures compared to non whites?

Personality i think it is things like the art created by people like Di Vinci, Rembrandt, and Van Gogh.
The writings of people like Homer, and Shakespeare.
The scientific discoverys of people like Galileo, Einstein, and Newton.
And the philosophy of people like Socrates, Aristotle, and John Locke.

Most Helpful Girl

• The White race has crossed seas, harnessed rivers, carved mountains, tamed
    deserts, and colonized the most barren icefields. It has been responsible for the
    invention of the printing press, cement, the harnessing of electricity, flight, rocketry,
    astronomy, the telescope, space travel, firearms, the transistor, radio, television, the
    telephone, the lightbulb, photography, motion pictures, the phonograph, the electric
    battery, the automobile, the steam engine, railroad transportation, the microscope,
    computers, and millions of other technological miracles. It has discovered countless
    medical advances, incredible applications, scientific progress, etc. Its members have included such greats as Socrates, Aristotle, Plato, Homer, Tacitus, Julius Ceaser, Napoleon, William the Conqueror, Marco Polo, Washington, Jefferson, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Magellan, Columbus, Cabot, Edison, GrahamBell, Pasteur, Leeuwenhoek, Mendel, Darwin, Newton, Galileo, Watt, Ford, Luther, Devinci, Poe, Tennyson, and thousands upon thousands of other notable achievers

White people are educated to have no pride, be self-hater, please haters, and this is why some "white people" with no self-esteem are desperate wanting to be part of other races and hating themselves like this white woman pretending to be black woman. It's lack of self-esteem in their race, self-hate, the "white guilt culture" and "politics", some become the most depressive low self-esteem and self-haters masochists, and others become aggressive because they feel disgust of others, and maybe their own race because they were educated to hate themselves and have low self-esteem in their race, or they are wanting to have pride in themselves and try to feel better.

I think it's worse for some "white people" than others who can have better lives even with this culture that is not healthy and will never be forced in any other race and they will never be the center of all kinds of politically acceptable hatred.

• I agree 100%, thank you for taking the time to write that. And I agree that the woman pretending to be black was weird. She hates her own race by supporting another race. You don't have to hate your own race to support others just like you don't have to hate others to love your own. I'm white and I love my people ancestors and way of life.

• Thanks :)

• While I do sorta agree with this, I think the opinion I shared below is probably more accurate. White people aren't raised to hate themselves. Any and everything we do today is in the white man's image. Black girls perm their hair and wear weave, Asian girls bleach their skin and wear blue contacts. Everyone wants to be blonde or redheaded. Even simple things like bandages and casts match the color of a white person's skin. All famous scientists and thinkers we learn about are white. All blacks learn are that they used to be slaves and now Africa is a poor and corrupt place. We learn nothing good about our culture and the few good things we do learn are never viewed as interesting as whites.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm Swiss and it's hard to identify culture in some countries like ours because we have such a multicultural blend. Just in our own history we have established culture from surrounding countries who have their own identities. I can imagine that countries such as those in USA, Canada, UK, Australia also have the same questions about what makes them unique as their multiculturalism seem to confuse people with what makes them unique. Personally I have an Eastern European background, and I am first generation where I live, so I identify more with those roots than being "Swiss". I have relatives all over the world, and now the world seems to be a melting pot for culture. :( Sad, really, since I enjoy our differences and love learning more about history and how people have come to do know what they know and do what they do that is different from everyone else. Today the Caucasian race just seems to be about modern development, eating store-bought chemically produced foods, watching TV, and having no interest in reviving who as a people we have come from. There are some very interesting European countries who hold on to tradition such as Italy, Greece, and some eastern/Slavic nations, and I'm glad they do! It's why tourism is so high in some places like this as people do want to immerse themselves in different cultures that the countries keep alive. :)

• I agree westerners buy too much procesed crap from stores and fast food. Even worse in america then Europe .
      Oh and isn't switzerland a blend of french, italian, and german with some other europeans?

• Switzerland sounds like a great nation. It's one of the places i would like to visit one day.

• It's lovely. :) It's common to hear that a lot of people want to leave because of cost, and the perception that there isn't "much to do", and people don't like the weather. Once gone, there is a pride to want to return though. There is good and bad about Switzerland like anywhere else, but there is no doubt that it's a beautiful country to see.

• I think it could be because european culture is the dominant culture in european countries so people do not see any uniqueness in it. For example if I speak of India - people would think of musicians, dancers, hindu temples and delicious food. If I speak of china, people think of pandas, rigid school systems, thin woman and spicy food. With Europe - what do you think of? Is there anything I can say about Europe that others would automatically say - ah huh! You MUST be talking about England! Europe is more neutral in religion and social sentiment and food and political orientation and too diverse to be put in a box.

• The Italian culture stand out of all the other euro cultures.

I know that was mentioned a few times when it was compared to Asian and arabic cultures that is transparent among many people they've met and dealt with at work. :) Something about smoking marijuana, drinking too much, not being reliable and taking too many sick days.

• I consider Italian culture to be a branch of european culture. One that has given a lot to the world in the last 3000 years. Things like art, science, architecture, and cuisine.
      But some people don't consider italians white for some weird reason.

• They are white to me. The dark haired people have middle eastern roots.

• Yeah there might be a small amount of arab people in sicily. Some in the us didn't think they were white back in the 1800s, but that was mostly because thay hated catholics.

• I've ever only heard that on Tumblr.

• Bad education.

• That's ridiculous. Private schools that are really white are better then public schools.

• Sorry about getting angery and misunderstanding.

• @asker thats okay.

What Guys Said 12

• These were actually all Europeans except for Mr. Locke ;-).
    Put shortly, Europeans have a distinct culture and North America has a distinct culture. Within these two continents, there are of course further culture differences (especially in Europe). German culture is very different from Spanish culture, just as Canadian culture is very different from Mexican culture.
    Racial culture on the other hand is something that mainly exists in the US. This has to do with the fact that the US is everything BUT an indivisible nation. It's a country that I sometimes wonder if it makes even sense to remain one country. It's more something like a collection of very different groups (not just ethnical groups but especially social classes). The isolation of each group is very strong and a reason why the society as such is falling apart (rich people having their own neighborhoods, black people and white people pretending to be fine with each other but not really interacting a lot in every-day life etc.). On the plus side however, there's the fact that all these individual groups have created their own cultures. Black culture (especially black pop culture) does exist and is very different from white culture. Black people in the US have their own music, their own style, their own way of speaking etc.. In Europe , this doesn't really occur. If you're a black guy in Germany, you're basically a German guy who happens to have a dark skin. I think Europeans like conformity a little more than Americans. Especially in continental Europe , people expect other ethnicities or foreigners to fit in and behave just like everyone else does. And most people with foreign backgrounds themselves want to fit in, they don't want to have their own style or their own way of talking.

• I wish you were right.

• About what part? ;-) Where am I not right in your opinion?

• I just saw that you actually replied. Could you please mention me ( @bubble_tea ) in the future so I can get a notification?

The part of you saying that "a black guy in Germany, you're basically a German guy who happens to have a dark skin." This is not how many Germans feel and also why some Greeks born in Germany opt to keep a Greek EU passport instead of applying for a German EU passport. Also, ever heard of the term 'Papierli-Schwyzer'?

• I've never heard anyone that said that.

If someone did say it, it is most likely out of ignorance. Everyone has a culture, it's just white culture/European culture tend to be the default culture for most western places, and when something is seen as the default setting (or the standard) of something, people tend not to notice it and thus remaining ignorant to its origin.

The western part of the world have become so assimilated into European culture, that the culture itself has become nearly impossible to even notice.

• It's because we have white/european culture shoved in our face 24/7. It dominates every single aspect of our life regardless of what country you are in. On top of that, Europeans stole many other people's culture and claimed it as their own a very long time ago. That being said, Seeing unique things from other cultures is usually a lot more interesting since we aren't drowned in it.

• First time I have heard that statement

• What statement?

• Why do some people say white people/europeans have no cultures compared to non whites?

• ''white people/europeans have no cultures compared to non whites''

I'm fairly certain no one said that ever.

• Because those people know absolutely nothing about history or culture. Hating white people is just the edgy social justice trend right now, and like all other social justice trends, it's complete bullshit.

• I don't whites have as much culture sometimes

• Why is that?

• I respect your culture.

• Sorry I just put something random to get points. I do think Europeans have a lot of culture but Americans not as much

• White culture is stuff like snow. Snow is white so it must have been invented by Scandinavia.

• You care so much about what dumb anti whites say?

• No not really I just want to see opinions about this on here.

• Every group of people has a culture. Americans have a culture. Europeans have a culture. Etc. Even within each state or city there's culture. Even within each neighborhood there's culture. Never should anyone say that a group of people together through a certain means doesn't have culture.

• What exactly each culture consist of... how that's defined can be difficult sometimes. Maybe that's the issue.

• Ignorance and intolerance!

• Yeah screw you.

• It's the truth. Don't lie to yourself!

• Because they live in the homogenized version of it.
    If someone non Chinese decided to move to China, their kid would grow up with Chinese culture and it would become invisible to them. They would see some of the customs and holidays their parents did as a thing that stands out to them.
    Does that make sense?

• Yeah that makes sence.