So this is a thing in China?

Trying to not let this ruin my day... ugh.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think what some people are missing is that they are torturing many of these dogs. They are stealing pets to eat.
    I think eating dogs of all animals is a step too far anyway. They don't call them man's best friend for nothing. They've been by our sides for thousands upon thousands of years and we wouldn't be as far a long as we are now without them and that's what they get? There is no other animal that is as in tune with humans as dogs are.

What Guys Said 14

• I have no right to tell the chinese that eating dogs is bad,
    is part of their culture and to be honest, i eat cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, deers, rabbits, fish, and other animals

Eating animals, is wrong, its very basic and dominant
    Because i eat chicken so much, 100's of chickens die each year to fill my appetite
    If you are gonna say eating dogs is wrong or cruel, you better think so for every other animal

Slowly i am trying to become vegan because of carnism
    I just cut red meat out, by the end of summer i will cut out, poultry
    next fish and eventually eggs and milk

• Yeah but dogs and cats? Animals that are commonly pets? And some other types of animals that isn't lamb, cow, chicken.. I can't even try to agree with.

• Dogs can't be kept like farm animals, their nature is just too different from theirs. Our farm animals that aren't free range, already have shitty lives, and dogs are a lot harder to keep happy than those, and require a lot more.

• they do, hopefully i will never see the day when that happens, hopefully it never does happen
      People should really eat less meat

• Wtf dog meat

• Only heard about earlier on today in a question - Will be adding my name to petition

• The notion of humans eating is hardly surprising. In India cows are holy animals and in America and Britain cows are tasty animals. Just do this over and over across the world.

• Mhmm :/

• Still it is a violation of property rights to steal other's animals and cook them. But how do the people in the province celebrate a tradition with full knowledge that their dognappers did it for the festival itself? Humans..

• Because they inconsiderate asswholes xD simple!

• Hmm... where I'm from we just kill pigs, make them into sausages, and serve them as "hot dogs".

Poor pigs don't even get credited.

• Yeah, Taht's so fucking evil, Now you know why. I hate Chinese, Chinese not just eat dot meat, They also eat Rabbit🐰, pigeon,🐦 cat🐯. And Grasshopper😡

• Its probably not the only place that does that. But noo don't hate Chinese, just the people who eat dogs and stuff xP

• Ohh okay :s

• So you better hold on tight

• Compared to the farm animal treatment we have here in the US I don't get the hypocrisy.

• We torture and burn them alive to death? And steal pets and do the same them?

• Not sure about the stealing part, but the torturing absolutely.

• I wish you didn't post that 😥

• I don't know I guess so but I don't eat dogs or meat in general...

• ugh... I didn't need to see that

• The majority of their history has been ruled by tyrants do you know they would castrate their own male children just so that they could have some more sex or the fact that their culture emphasises power over everything else (a. k. a money) what do you expect from a culture like that they were inhuman even to their fellow brethren from the very start of the beginning of their civilization from the yellow river they are a country of monstrous tyrants who still even in the modern age when all the nations of of different culture and lineages have chosen to respect and value freedom through democracy even now it has the highest number of human rights abuse cases and still exert their tyrannical control over people through communism. so mark my words when i tell you conclude the birds and animals of the forest may be free, humans of all ancient, medieval, modern ages may be free, all the creatures of nature in the universe may one day be free... BUT CHINA WILL NEVER BE FREE.
    -a sad tale of humanity

• Mhm o. o you have points there. They are having a problem getting democracy.

• Yes americans. The entire world isn't just like you. People eat different things. Since when is dog > every other animal that people eat? I've had chickens as pets... must people stop eating them because of that?

• Because the dogs have horrible deaths, and sometimes even family dogs are kidnapped and killed. It's an animals rights thing.

• Have you seen what happens before meat reaches stores in the US? I'd say that's extreme torture as well.
      @ShaeNielson
      No that's just biased animal rights. Cause some animals are better than others right?

• Seriously I don't understand why so many Westerners gets so upset some Asian countries eat dogs and cats... Yet Westerners eat Pigs and Cows etc. If you put your perspective from a Muslims or Hindu who doesn't eat cows and pigs, you don't hear them crying like a fucking holier than thou pussy

Furthermore, Isn't this a concept of pet basically a concept of dominance and the usefulness of those particular animals? Just so happens dogs became a much more better companion and helper in hunting and passed down to generation of people until they became domesticated dogs when civilization started and cows and pigs became the food.. Not to mention it is because dogs and cats are also physically pleasing in the eyes..

So who and what decides the fate of animals?

• Righhtt

• Yeah the basic food groups, farm animals. And only when they are killed humanely :o

• "which will increase the abduction of strays and pets and also increase the torturous & inhumane prisons of dog meat farms - places where man's best friends are raised for such purposes -- thousands of dogs will suffer, be butchered, beaten to death, skinned alive and eaten."

Yea no, it's totally okay.

• Yep that's quite common, eating dogs in China is pretty normal, as horrid as it may be to us (I'm in the UK afterall) to them they don't see any wrong in it, I recently came across a photo album someone publicly shared of their trip to China, they noted how in the course of the two weeks they only found one dog, one.

• ... oh. =_=;
      It just feels shitty that it can't be stopped faster.

• Personally I don't like the concept of it, but it's just tradition, it's sad something like this is happening in the world.

What Girls Said 12

• It's been going on for years. It's pretty horrible how they're killed, all for a belief unsupported by evidence. I've signed the petition and I hope more people do!

• That is sad, especially the way they are kept before being eaten. It's kind of the same with chickens, they house them in cages stacked on top of each other and that is how they live for the rest of their lives. This honestly does not surprise me one bit.

I could understand if there was no other source of meat and that was all they had to eat, but torturing and stealing them is unnecessary.

• people eat dog meat?/

• Those poor doggies :'(

• I first heard about this festival on Instagram and immediately signed the petition - I even blogged about it too! As a dog owner this really breaks my heart but then again eating dog meat is still kind of normal in some areas of China and in Korea, too! So only banning this festival will not stop people from eating dog meat, it might help save a lot of dogs lives for now though!

• I have no issue with them eating dogs but it's terrible if it's true they steal peoples pets.

• Yes, I've been hearing about this. Sad.

• Even if they do eat dogs (not saying thy do because that's a dumb stereotype) why do people care? They eat cows and chickens, so I guess the lives of some animals are more important than others

• It's a tradition :) They 'd eat anything that was once human or animal.

• Yes it is, and it needs to be stopped!

• Why do care about dogs and not people? You never hear people asking facebook to stop the starvation of people in Africa. I don't care about dogs - they are animals - they are not people. When you help the people you can complain about the dogs.

• Righhhttt

• Oh so it's okay to torture animals, because some people are starving other places in the world? Flawless fucking logic.

• No offence but you do know the USA kill thousands of dogs in these "gas chambers" right? Not much difference except they eat the dogs but its still mass murder. Of dogs.

• Yeah ik but beating dogs to death, stealing pets, and boiling them alive and eating them is worse.

Still neither is okay at all. Its horribly disgusting.

• Okay that is true. I agree.