Is temporary job good or bad?

Will temporary job bring difficulty to find a permanent job in future? Is it better taking a temporary job while there is no permanent job available for you?

0|0
5|13

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely. In my previous job we would make offers to temps who did a good job. After all, you have the inside track, as the company knows what you're capable of, so if you're doing a good job, then it's extremely possible.

And even if a company doesn't offer you a position, it's far better you're out there working, as full time employers like to see you're working hard to stay busy and support yourself.

Good luck!

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• Yes, you're in a position of advantage if you have a job. You could get brought on permanently, but if not, you are still working nonetheless. If you take this temporary job, you should still look for more permanent work.

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely take a temporary job. Make some money, and it looks good on your resume because someone else decided to hire you.

1|1
    0|0
  • No, it helps you find a permanent job and looks good on your resume. It is a source of a reference and shows your commitment. When I hire people I don't see a problem with temp or contract work and I see it more and more these days as people choose to work from home.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it gives you expierence to speak of in future job applications

1|0
    0|0
  • good.. depending on if its in your field. bad, if its a basic job, but looks good on a resume showing your always working

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no good or bad to experience. Or as I always like to say, "All jobs are temporary. All that changes is who is the employer."

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the type of job. Is it an internship? Is it related to what you want to do in the future

1|0
    0|0
  • In some cases a temp job can become a permanent possission if the boss or management sees you as an asset to the co.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd suggest to take it. First of all, no one will prohibit you to continue to look out for a better opportunity.
    Secondly, you have a salary so the pressure will be off for a while.
    And you never know, doing a good job could mean the company may offer you a fixed contract - either in the same or another job :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Work experience always helps create more work opportunities than not working does.

1|0
    0|0
  • having a list of temporary jobs is better than having a gap of several months or years in employment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is some money better than no money?

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• With jobs being so hard to find and even Get, @redridinghood, take what you can get until something better or More in Store with being 'Permanent' comes along.
    Many times 'Temporary' means 'Permanent,' let me explain why. If a company likes you enough, sees you are a good asset, they will put you On... Indefinitely until you decide you want to stay or go for something else.
    This means Permanent position...
    Good luck. xx

2|0
    0|0
  • It is always better to do something constructive during the vacant period so having a temp job helps. Of course there are employers who are mindful about hiring someone who keep having contract jobs on their CV. There is always someone out there who would appreciate you :)

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah, a temp job is always a good thing. it gives you something to do, you make money, and you get some experience from it. something to put on your resume maybe.

1|0
    0|0
  • temporary jobs won't hurt you. if anything it helps give you experience.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes yes. Depends on what it is.

0|0
    0|0