I have a question about Google?

So when you type into google search, and purple writing shows up. Which is your history. For example, if you type in the letter "F", and say "facebook" comes up, and then underneath it another "f" word that you searched comes up.

The first thing that comes up, is that based on how many times you searched it, or your most recent search.

Updates:
Anybody else?

0|0
1|6

Most Helpful Guy

• The lighter lettering on the results is not from google but your computer. It is a link you have visited. But google's search algorithm is very complex and it learns from your preferences, old searches, categories of things and types of things you actually visited, your IP location, etc.

0|0
    0|0
    • So then it has nothing to do with recent?

• do this. Go to your internet options (In internet explorer that is under Tools. Then go to browsing history, Click Delete, then check all the squares and hit OK) and clear your history. They should all be the same color now. Different from "recent" same as "Frequent"

What Guys Said 5

• I would say most recent search

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all about the most recent search first and your history. If you clear out your cache and history ( probably your cookies too) it will stop appearing but you will still get "suggested searches" when you type.

0|0
    0|0
  • google just works by remembering everything you searched previously and how many times you searched it and categorizes is alphabetically and how many times you do it

0|0
    0|0
    • So when you time a word in, the first one that pops up means how many times you searched it? Or recent search?

• yeah truthfully i have no idea

probably the best way to answer this is... you know... google it

• Maybe it goes like this :
    1- F then a (fa)
    2- F then b (fb)
    3- F then c (fc)
    'Alphabetical order'

0|0
    0|0
  • how many times i believe

0|0
    0|0