Girls, what's your opinion on British Accents?

When we're talking British I mean London accents, like my accent.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ICnpX4aNrI < My voice.

I often get told that Americans/Canadians like English accents. xD

• I like them, they're nice.
    75% (41)
  • I don't really like them that much.
    25% (14)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

21

Most Helpful Girl

• 38.media.tumblr.com/...m3ln2uTzUI1qfqzs8o1_500.gif

I like it a lot 😍idk why but it makes them sound proper and like a gentleman. A friend of mine loves British accents mostly Liverpool and Manchester though.

• I'm far from a gentleman, ahaha. But I know how to behave like one when the time is right. :P
      I wish I could be a pish posh rich kid though.. Instead I'm a poor guy in a small house. xD
      I'm glad you like them lmao. :')

Mancs and Scousers hate each other with a passion. It's mainly down the football (soccer)
      Man United and Liverpool, ahaha.

What Girls Said 20

• A lot of girls love that accent. Me personally, I don't find it attractive. It just seems so proper and different. You can barely distinguish if someone is being serious, sarcastic, or mad in that accent. But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's terrible. It just doesn't attract me.

• Omg, I LOVE British accents!! I've always prefered British accents over American accents even though Americans are easier to understand :) But I understood you quite well because you didn't talk too fast!

• depends on the type of British accent if it's a super heavy harsh sounding accent I literally can not understand a word they are saying. I'm Canadian but my mom is from England and her whole side of the family is too so I'm pretty much used to it they are from Leeds so their accent is ok.

• As a non-native speaker from Central Europe studying in the UK I actually prefer the American English far over the British one because it's easier for me to understand and their culture is just more relatable I don't know

• American culture is more out there.. When you think of films you think Hollywood, when you think music you think American artists.. When you think food you think McDonalds.. When you think drink you think Coca cola. Whenever you think of a specific thing and the country you think America lmao. They have it all. So it's understandable.

English lingo and slang is hard to understand unless you're born here anyways.

• Ok it gives off the impression that you are conservative, prim and proper. I feel like when I deal with an English person, I have to wear my serious face expression and talk abit like him... so he gets what i'm saying too.

• I'm English and I don't really like them that much.

• I totally love the British accent! I dont mind listening to it all day haha! I lived in London for 7 years when I was between 1-7 years old so I guess I miss hearing it :D :/

• I fucking love it, I love Rupert Grint's accent, it's a huge turn on lol

• Yes! I love it but it takes me sometime to understand when I here it face to face. All in all I think it makes you sound prim and proper.

• I love accents. I want to move somewhere exotic where people have sexy accents so my kids don't have a boring "newscaster" accent like me XD

There's a kid at my school with a British accent who gets all the girls just from talking haha

• I dont know many girls who don't. American girls also love Spanish accents like the one Antonio banderas or Benjamin Pratt have. Italian or french accents are hot too. I personally love eastern European accents as well.

• I do like it but it doesn't matter that much to me I suppose. I did know a scottish guy who told me that some girls are crazy about his accent xD But he didn't really care about it as well, maybe because he heard it everyday as well, like you said.

• True say.. your local accents get boring.. You want something more exotic.

• That depends. I like the really posh ones

• Lool I can't stop laughing. I think it's adorable and I like it. It's different but it's nothing new because I hear it often.

• I love them. I also love Canadian/American voices. They are so cute.

• heey you're bluffin! You said your accent was "meh"
    I really like it ^.^

• I like than, they're cute

• I think they're kinda annoying. Just like some American accents. But yours sounds nice.

• Ya I think they're hot. I want to go to England and meet a lad ;]

• It's cool to hear but it's not going to do too much for me