Is it strange that I hate being called skinny?

I'm 5'9" and 135lbs, and I get called skinny frequently. Is it unusual that I hate it? I'd prefer slim, thin, or slender. Skinny implies I'm malnourished, when I'm really not. I'm just a very small person and I find it very hard to gain weight.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I see the connotational difference, and would agree with you... but most people are, or can be, pretty thoughtless about the exact meaning of the words they choose... I'm sure they don't mean anything by it...

What Guys Said 4

• I think you would prefer term slim that is a healthier description

• It's good to be skinny because people who have a hard time losing weight wish they could be like you. Remember that

• Its a bit annoying. Family members keep telling me I should eat more. I am much heavier than I look.

• If u dont like it then thats ur right not to like it.

What Girls Said 3

• it's not strange at all.
    I hate that, too.

• I hate it because it's pointing out the obvious and I hate being told to gain more weight if I could do that I would but my metabolism is too fast

• not it's not strange