Do people on gag like telling guys (who have failed at getting a date/gf all of their life) positive lies?

For example Some guy will post a question about never having a girlfriend, date, kiss etc, and ask people on gag if he's fated to be alone, and almost everyone on gag will say "there's somebody out there for everyone". Or he will say the reason why he can't get a gf/date is because he's ugly and he posts his pic and everyone (which was always suspicious to me since everyone said the same thing about him not being ugly) on gag will tell him he's not ugly. I always wondered were people just saying those things all for the sake of being positive even if deep down they know its a lie?

• Yes I would rather tell a lie that sounds positive, than tell the truth that will sound negative
  • Yes I would tell that person to have Hopefulness and optimism by any means, even if its a 1,000% bald faced lie
  • Even if I saw his pic and knew that it was because of his looks he couldn't get a gf/date , I tell him that its his personality and confidence even if deep down in my mind i knew it was his looks
I guess I was right about gagers
Lol I no longer need any replies... the gag community's silence on this question says it all!

Most Helpful Girl

• When you ask such an obviously biased question, it's going to make people less interested in answering. Like, all your poll questions are pretty much the same thing, which suggests that you don't think anyone would have a different answer. You've already made it clear that you think that everyone is a liar.

While I'm not sure that there's someone out there for everyone, I would never tell anyone that their situation was hopeless. I mean, I know a guy who suffered burns all over his head and face when he was a child---and he has a wife and kids. Certainly being ugly makes it more difficult to find a partner, but plenty of ugly people do get in relationships. I'm not going to tell someone that they're attractive if I don't think they are, but I'm also not going to tell anyone that they're disgusting and should abandon all hope or that they're "fated to be alone". I'm not lying---that's what I genuinely think.

What Girls Said 3

• I can't speak for everyone but I wouldn't do that. I think people come here and as questions hoping to get an honest opinion from someone where personal friends might not be so honest. And I've had plenty of people on here be quite rude with me so I don't think they all answer with positive response for the sake of feelings.

It's hard to know why someone feels that way about themselves. Past relationships, recent break up, low self esteem or maybe they just want someone to say no your not ugly you look great. Everyone likes a compliment. I try to ask reasons why they feel that way or try to offer advise that might actually help. I don't anyone is fated to be alone. Some guys seem to find really shallow girls who can't value a good man for who he is and not just his appearance. Personality means so much when connecting with someone. I think a lot people forget that.

• Also I didn't vote because all 3 of those are pretty much saying the same thing just worded differently lol trick question? 😊

• Some people lie some don't. I personally don't because I want them to know my honest opinion. And hopefully I can possibly help them

• I don't go anywhere near those "how do i look" questions because it's always someone who's looking for attention or already has their mind set on their opinion.

Though i do tell people "there's someone for everyone" because that is what i believe.

What Guys Said 3

• I am nice to people on this site because everyone deserves respect.

• FOREVER ALONE MOTHER FATHER!

• i'm always honest.

if they suck, then i'll tell them they suck.