What's worse? Intense feeling or the absence of it? And why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Absence of it as in doesn't feel intense, but you still get a positive feeling from them, or nothing at all?

If it's the latter, apathy is definitely worse. At least if you're feeling loved, but not as passionately/intensely as you'd wish to, you've got something to work with. If you feel like you're getting nothing from your s/o, you're really stuck between a rock and a hard place.

What Girls Said 3

• Probably the absence of it after having it. If you've ever had an intense feeling then you might long for it so I would say the absence of intense feeling would be worse.

But I suppose it depends on what kind of intense feeling you're speaking of.

• When i say intense feeling, what comes to your mind for example?

• Intense emotions I suppose. Love, happiness, joy, chemistry.

• Yeah that's right Aries but... But love, happiness, joy and chemistry are definitely better than indifference so asking this question in the first place would be stupid. What i'm saying is that intense feeling could be feeling of love and hate at the same time. Jealousy, resentment and anger after feeling joy, chemistry and happiness. So it's a mixture of negative and positive emotions which leads to a non peaceful mind. In this case, which one would be better?

• The absence of it.

• I've been through both before. intense feeling is way easier to deal with because even though i felt intense sadness at times i also felt intense contentedness. and i felt human. unlike when i experienced the absence of feelings.

What Guys Said 1

• I think the absence of it is worse - At least when it is intense it means you felt something