Do you think it's weird that I don't like beer?

I've tried everything. For the past 10 years (the drinking age in Switzerland is 16) I've been trying to adjust my taste buttons to beer. Mostly because my guy friends (and even some girls) have been making fun of me ever since. "What? You don't like beer? You're not a real guy! How can you be a guy and hate beer?". Nobody can accuse me of not having tried hard enough. I've tasted everything from American beers (which are usually made of by European guys as tasting like water with a drop of alcohol) to Irish Guiness. I've tried local beers only made in my city and I've tried exotic delicasies such as Sapporo beer from Japan. However, I just can't make myself like it. In fact, I pretty much hate it. I'm generally not a very big fan of alcohol but I like to drink wine quite a lot. It's a very nice social drink and we always drink it when my parents invite me and my siblings for a family dinner. But beer seems soooo bitter to me. I hate the aftertaste it leaves in my mouth... it makes me wanna throw up (the aftertaste is actually worse than the taste itself). My guy friends just make fun of me and say "beer is not bitter, maybe your tastebuds just never developed into adulthood". It's true that I have a quite a sweet tooth. Yet, I do wonder whether something's wrong with my tongue or if there are other people, especially guys out there like myself...

Most Helpful Guy

• Just get ripped and tell them that exercise and beer guzzling don't mix (because they don't).

They can have beer. You can have six pack has and endless reams of horny women.

What Girls Said 4

• i dont like beer either.. but i have never tasted it.. soo.. i dont think my opinion matters here,.. :P

• It's not weird 😊👍

• I remember mistaking my dad's beer for apple juice... awful stuff.
    But I'll have to wait 'till I'm 21 to have a real taste. For now, all I know is it's nasty stuff xp

• Nope, it's not weird at all :P

What Guys Said 5

• I think beer is a glorious nectar that's need handed down straight from God. Alas, I can not partake. :'(

As for your question, nah, I don't think it makes you weird at all.

That said, if you've got a sweet tooth then perhaps you could try this lambic beer. It's fruity and delicious!

www.lostinthebeeraisle.com/.../photo-4.jpg

• If you don't like beer, you don't like beer fair enough - Try a drop of wine you might like that.

• No, I personally hate the way beer tastes too.

• Well as long as you like alcohol in some form I dont care

• Haha, so if I wouldn't like any alcohol you'd think I'm weird? Because I have a female friend who doesn't drink any alcohol at all because she doesn't like it...

• Ok as I'm on with that. I just drink it because I don't have a girlfriend yet

• Il ok with that*

• i dont like either