Absolutely dread my Saturday job, anyone else in the same position?

Okay so I've recently got a Saturday job (about 3 months ago) but I absolutely hate it. I've had a lot of pre booked holidays and a few more coming up so I've missed a few Saturday's, although this isn't my fault everyone moans about it at work how I'm never there and how they should get someone better. I try to work really hard but most of the time I'm washing up and then they'll send me to deliver food or take orders and I've never been trained so I dread that I'm doing wrong. Then when I get back to the washing up there's a huge pile and I'm not working fast enough. I work from 11:30 - 5:30 and don't get me wrong I really get on with 2 of the girls and by 4ish when things quiet down its a really nice atmosphere but when between 11:30 - 4 it's so busy. Also I've been shown how to do the till twice (by watching someone else) and the same for the coffee machine and they expect me to be able to do it and get mad at me when I make a mistake. It definitely isn't what I thought it would be and I would quit but the owners know my mum and I need it for work experience. Also, because I've already had pre booked holidays I now feel really restrained in what I can do because I've had so many Saturday's off already. I've also misplaced my pinny and I'm normally very conscientious but I think it's because I don't really care about this job. Is anyone in the same position?

Most Helpful Guy

• First few jobs are always difficult in years to come you will look back and laugh - Try and relax, you are probably making yourself nervous and causing these things to happen.

• Thanks for MHO - Hope things settle down for you

What Guys Said 1

• I would say so, yes. I work 3rd shift, not just weekends but during the week also. I'm trying to get a day job, but people are being stupid about it. What can a person do, huh?

What Girls Said 2

• some jobs can be like that

• That sounds painful, I would really think of looking elsewhere and then resign.