If you could live in any time period in history, what would it be?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I study history and so I would love to travel to all kinds of different time periods. It would be absolutely super amazing and interesting! However, because I study history I'm also quite disillusioned about it. I don't hold any nicely idealized but false opinions about the different historical periods. The truth is: the past might seem romantic or charming in your phantasy but it wasn't. The time period we are living in now is by FAR the best in terms of living standard. People have never been so wealthy and healthy as they are today. Just one example: I was born with a strong visual disability. My disability becomes worse and worse the older I get. I am legally blind but I still have some vision left on my right eye, which I cherish more than almost everything else in my life, which you can probably understand. The only reason I still see something is called modern medicine. I've had many surgeries in my life, starting from when I was a little child. It was these surgeries that at least let me have a little bit of vision until today. Had I lived in the past, even just 50 years ago, this technology wouldn't exist in my lifetime and I would be blind too. Plus, I'd have to deal with a lot of discrimination, which isn't exactly fun either.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd say ancient Greece. Times were especially horrible for women then but I study it, so I'd like to actually get to see it.

• Victorian Era

• 1600's Wien

What Guys Said 9

• The hippy era in San Francisco

• The future for sure. There is no internet or any semblance of basic hygiene in the past.

• The 80's sound kinda cool

• right now time...

• 1930's-1980's. I want to see WW2, Cold War, Rock n Roll era, Civil Rights, Vietnam, and Watergate.

• Present. People who go on about wanting to live in the past don't seem to realise that they'd be a commoner and probably die from a sniffle, be raided by bandits or get shit tossed onto them from someone's window.

• I think it would be cool to live in the Roman days

• be born in the 80's so i can relive the 90's with a conscious mind.

• Bilge Khan era