For how long can a human body survive without any food?

But water is allowed.

Most Helpful Guy

• On average the healthy human male could survive about 5 days.. On the 4th he'd be almost dead. But it really does vary on the person, their size and their metabolism.
    I wouldn't last 5 mins.. My metabolism is insanely high. Food passed through me really quick.

• And an average female?

• Healthy woman.. I'd say perhaps 3 or 4.. Dying on the third.
      It also depends on the climate.. Colder climates require more food. The cold saps your energy and fat reserves.
      Hotter, arid climates require more water..
      In this survival situation you'd survive longer in the heat with water, than opposed to the cold.

Women tend to be smaller, and physically inferior. Though, this isn't always the case. It only makes sense that they'd survive for a less amount of time.

What Guys Said 4

• In Ireland we had hunger strikes by republican prisoners in 1981 and they last 60 to 70 days.

• That depends on the individual really

• 1-3 weeks depends what they do during that time also

• if you a regular person, 5'9 around 150, you could probably live for 1 month without food.

What Girls Said 2

• I guess it depends on how much meat is on ya

• For me its an hour! haha