What's so wrong about being a Satanist?

Why do people hate Satanists so much?
I do not understand.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think satanism is a corruption of someones mind trying to justify the bad things they are doing to themselves.

What Guys Said 22

• satanists?
    Laveyan satanism, or the occult devil worshipers?

The second one becaus it's fucked up and barbaric, and because supposedly some sects practice human sacrifice. I don't want to know if it's true or not.

As for laveyan satanism, because christianity have black-painted satanism, and have formed a hate for it. Even if it partially makes sense. It's simply about practice of the self, and doing what's good for you without hurting others.

• Well to be labeled anything from abrahamic mythology is silly in my opinion. Would you see me as a threat if I worshiped Hades? Greek god of the underworld? unless my behaviours are dangerous, who gives a shit. And as far as I'm concerned, God fearing men built the atomic bomb.

• they hate your jinn king, the so called lucifer, sphere, ibliss, devil satan and many other name he has.
    and for you his followers and worshippers, they hate you because you guys have abandonned the one god who created you and went to worship a ghost jinn who.. fools and wants you to be with him in hellfire

• I do not worship ibless/Satan/the devil

• Haha oh honey, you're so deluded. I don't believe in anything you say, there is not real evidence for it, nothing to back it up. I don't care what you believe in, that's your headache. I don't believe in some supernatural man in the sky, but if that's where you find your kicks, then you're welcome to do so, as long as you don't force your shit down my throat.

I never said I am a satanist, in fact I am an atheist. I think your should learn how to think for yourself, instead of insulting me for doing that exactly. Even if "God" was proven to be real, I would not become religious, I would never follow a God, so cruel and malicious as yours.

• first off, im not deluded.
      seconly, i'm not your honey..
      thirdly, satanic, atheist, budhist or anything that claims the non-existence of god are all the same to me...
      besides, i didn't all that information to you.. i just used you as a goofd reason to post it cause maybe somebody out there wants it...

and finally, either you believe or not. i don't care. that's your empty life not mine.. it's not like my god needs you.. do whatever you like.. when the moment comes, there will only be chaos..

• Well I'm bound to end up in hell one way or another, so I might as well check out the neighbourhood and meet Satan himself.

• There are plenty of Satanists. They just don't realize it. We call these people Republicans..

• Dude that stupid red outfit he wears looks ridiculous. If he had better fashion sense i might be able to hang with that dude. Also, he probably has zero break dancing skills.

• some reasons to hate satanists. let's say only one now: according to the church of satan; you can mash and abuse the weak people in order to get higher position. as you see it is not a good advice. we should help them try to support them. by the way , i am deist.. and happy with that...

• You were a really pure girl Zell but since you joined this site, at first you started to support feminists and now you are supporting satanists?

• Because people think it's literally worshiping the devil. It's not.

And any self-proclaimed Satanist who thinks Satanism is about worshiping or revering Satan is an idiot who calls himself a Satanist because it's "edgy" or "cool".

• Anyway, Satanism has a really bad name because of the people who think it's about worshiping Satan, so naturally, people hate Satanism. Just ignore the hate.

I'm not a satanist myself, by the way.

• Oh the many answers I have. Play with the spiritual world, please go ahead, let me know if u can sleep in house 1 week from now. borrow a psb-7 and record it with a recorder.

Research on the internet satinism in government. Enjoy the research search of; satanic similarities between George Washington statue and baphamet

Satanism in music industry. Atoine Laveey, allister Crowley.

• I don't trust the government and I don't trust the internet either.

• Where did you read all this?

• Most people allow their minds to be programmed by TV and the government. Enjoy that TV show? You believe the text books you were forced to read as a student?

You think your tax money goes back into the economy? You know what IMF banks are?

So much evil in front of everyone but they don't see it because OMG new Kim kardashian ass tape!!!

Squirrel! Squirrel!

• Satan is the devil
    devil is evil

satanists are followers of the devil

• Don't they sacrifice virgins?

• Nothing other than the fact they're evil, well at least I think they are evil right? right?

• All of the people who automatically assume that being a Satanist means you worship the devil should actually pick up the Satanic Bible and read it instead of having a knee jerk reaction.

• Becaude rthey do.

• I've read it. I've been invited to satanic rituals involving sacrificing animals. Effigies of humans and sex parties are the norm.

You haven't read much else you would see his grand deception.

• It's not exactly something you wanna tell someone first time meeting them.

It's like casually bringing up the fact that you're reading Mein Kampf in a conversation.

• Because it's creepy... I find the worshiping in general creepy anyway..

• I think you can do whatever you want unless its not affecting other people life in any ways.

• What's wrong with u Zell?

• The whole thing is fu12ed up...

• cos you all worship the Devil.

• There isn't anything wrong with it.

• Satan is the source of much evil, in my opinion. Therefore, I don't want people worshiping him?

• The god killed millions in the bible, Satan killed a few. God mercilessly killed children, and wanted man to be ignorant slaves, where Satan showed them free will. Satan is not evil, but your god is.

• God made man in his own image though.

• Right, but he also gave us free will. You can worship Him, or Satan. You can kill, or not kill.

You can have the last word.

What Girls Said 13

• All religion to me is silly. Satanism is no more evil than any other cult/religion out there disguising itself as being good. What's even. More silly is how people stumble in to Satanism thinking they have it all figured by by hating Christianity they'll just follow the opposite of it to prove a point. What a dumb thing to do. Why do people have to replace any religion with another?

I had a Satanist flare up trying to defend their religion in a discussion I was having with them about god and told them I reject their higher power no differently than I do for any other religion. I guess they were expecting me to come back with the usual fear-of-evil type of misconception. It's just a dumb religion no more stupid than the rest that have brainwashed everyone. I don't think it's evil, I think the practices and charade are a waste of time.

How about people just becoming atheists? You really can't get any more badass than not only rejecting all gods but the Prince of Darkness along with the rest of them all.

• I think people just misunderstand what Satanism is about :/

• Well for one they are usually EVIL. Also most satanists kill living creatures to please satan.. not to mention the things they encourage, violence, incest, death, rituals, partying, orgies, and drugs.. all wrong. They are willfully rejecting God and salvation to heaven, and aren't very socially likeable nor approachable most times.

• I don't really care what anyone believes as long as they're not hurting anyone else in the process lol

• Because they think all Satanists worship the devil and sacrifice goats. When in reality, many denominations of Satanism are more philosophies than religions.

• People just brand it as pure evil and anyone that follows it is evil themselves and horrible people.

• Once people get an idea if something is evil they will just blindly believe that and not really look deeply into it. To truly see what it is about.

• Are you a satanist?

• Nope I don't really believe in any kind of religion. To me religion is just a mythology so stories people come up with. So they are interesting to read about.

• I assume it's because people think Satanist means worshiping the devil. What does it mean if it's not worshipping the devil?

• Freedom. Enlightenment. Power. Intelligence..
      Who knows..

• Yes I agree :)

• As the guy who created it said the reason he chose the term was because it was the antithesis of God. The reason he chose that was because he felt that religion (abrahamic to be specific) represed our natural urges, like sex and anger, which would then result in a perversion of these things since repressing our feelings is generally excepted to be damaging. The idea of loving your enemy was contradictory and not only would that allow them to continue to do wrong by doing nothing to stop them you would increase your and every one elses suffering, by hating them you let it be known that you believe what they are doing is wrong and therefore are more able to rectify the problem. So he chose the opposite ideology of these religions (satan actually means adversary) believing that humans naturally gravitate to symbols. Its actually much more like eastern philosophies in that it is more about how to live your life rathers then an after life (which they don't believe in).

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

• Because it worships the Devil.

• How have you been sweetie?

• Actually satanist don't worship anything. They don't believe in an afterlife (at least as a group, individuals vary). They chose the term because it means adversary and they were the adversary to the church since they believed they taught not only contradictory ideologies but unhealthy ones at that. They believed the repression of sexuality was detrimental, which the church advocated. They teach love your enemies but many wars were faught by these same people which the satanist believe is evidence that not dealing with your anger or hate in a healthy manner will inevitably lead to violence. They actually are more like confusionist in that there ideology is more about living life in a healthy and productive way, rather then worring about what happens after you die. The guy who created it was a bit of a showman and believed that people naturally gravitated to symbols and rituals which is why they tend to use them which causes a lot of misconceptions about them.

• You can me sweetie @I_am_repulsive

• A mother and father sacrificed their child to "Satan". So Satanists often have warped minds and have Psychopatheic tendencies. They are generally cruel and callous by nature "True", Satanists are anyway

• "True" Satanists don't worship Satan.

• There is sects within the Christian and Muslim religions, most christian and muslims are peaceable. Satanists are totally evil inside. Only those with " crazy warped minds" join. Anyone who upholds the belief in worshipping pure evil is a danger to society.

• People use the word " generalise'" when they have no intelligent answer

• A lot of people might blindly think about something without even researching what the worshipers actually do. They think it's evil therefore all who practice it are evil. Just like Wicca and other Pagan worship.

• cause they don't know a thing about it. people are scared about things they don't understand / are different

• Do you follow Satanism?

• No, but at least I know what it is. Apparently they don't pray to Satan, but believe in philosophical concepts and possibly magic

• The obvious reason is because Satan represents EVIL.