How do you deal with the cruelty of the world?

It weighs down on me, it's like I can feel the whole world's problems. Hunger, suffering, sadness, desperation. Even with people around me, I seem to always sense their sadness, everybody seems miserable. Ever since we entered 'adulthood' all my friends seem to be really angry and not as fun as they once were.

How do you deal with all the horrible things happening around you? I feel like it's literally crushing me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I accept that there are things in this world that I can't fix or do anything about, so I try to focus my energy on what I can do.

• but doesn't it bother you that you're surrounded by so much crap? Doing something about it is irrelevant, the greed and evilness and human nature is what disgusts me.

• Here's the thing. I can't end racism or sexism (for example). I can only be the best person I can be, and inspire others to do the same. Yes, the evil and crap of this world does bother me, but letting myself get weighed down is unhealthy and doesn't fix anything. There's only so much one person can do, and I will always do my best to live up to that expectation.

What Guys Said 11

• Honestly, as cheesy as this sounds, by being the example and change I wanna see.. seriously
    Try an lighten up the mood, spread some kindness and hope, you know be positive
    The worst thing you can do is just admit defeat and let bad shit happen and negativity consume ya. Individual acts of kindness are contagious, especially, in the eyes of the youth.

• I absolutely hate it and get annoyed when talking/listening with small talkers and blue pillers in their fantasies about reality.

• You do what you can to help those around you. I understand that I can't help everyone in the world, but I feel like helping 1 person helps. Its like if you help 1 person out of a million that's nothing. But to that 1 person your help is everything, and that's what matters.

• Sometimes it upsets me I try not to let it get to me.

• this means you are very soft and good character... i do agree with you but we are not "don kitchot". so what i am doing is trying to help people or animals arround but i can not do more... do not let all these problems to crush you beacuse World need some good people like you... you can not live with that sadness, just do good things arround you and think that you are done with your responsibilty. and leave all the problems behind you and enjoy the life...

• it's not just about individual things. Imagine you're viewing the world as an alien from another place entirely. What would you think of it? It's such a pathetic place, full of sadness and insecurity and miserable people. Like there's glimpses of happiness, but when you look at the big picture it's chaos. It's almost as if we're bacteria to nature.

• true... because human being 's been created as the most clever creature but the most stupid thing to use its advantage... but we have to accept some problems and we can not change everything... if it looks like hell to you, create your own heaven... believe me, it is possible... but first of all you should learn to think positive...

• Shrug your shoulders because it's always happened and always will, then get back to work.

• Not my problem? Not my concern

• Get money and fuck bitches

• I worry about myself.

• fix one problem at a time:)

• pray for the world. only the Spirit can help you carry these burdains effortless.

What Girls Said 3

• Smoke pot and focus on positive things. Dancing and music helps too.

• Do something to help them and do it anonymously. God will reward you for helping them and this reward will make your life meaningful.

• I'm not religious. I don't believe there's a god who rewards you or judges you. There must be a creator and I respect that, but I don't believe in god in the religious sense. And no good I do will ever help everyone. It's just all the negative energy that weighs me down, doing some positive things help, but it doesn't last long.

• Focus on the good and positive