Should I stay home or move out?

Ok so it's a long story so I'll just cut to the chase. My parents want me to stay home and take a semester off but I want to go to school because I honestly don't want to spend anymore time at home than I have to. Since I don't want to stay home anymore I'm considering moving out and moving in with my boyfriend. His parents will pay for him to go to school but I highly doubt mine will if I move out. My boyfriend said he will help me pay for school and we can probably live with one of his friends to help keep the cost of rent down. We both have jobs so we will be able to pay but I know my parents will be super pissed if I move out. I don't know what to do because I really want to be with my boyfriend but I'm worried about how tough it's going to be if I move out of my parents house and go live with my boyfriend and his friend. Please help. I'm 20 and he's 21 by the way.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how much you care about your parents, both as people and financial supporters. Your plan with your boyfriend sounds like it will be full of complications and hardships. Also and observation I've made is that relationships where one partner relies heavily on the other for money tend to have problems. On top of this, your parents will probably lose trust in you and also refuse to support you in future scenarios where you might need money. It seems like you're pretty bent on leaving with your boyfriend, but consider the consequences and make sure both you and your boyfriend are prepared to face them. Best of Luck!

What Guys Said 2

• since u r above 18 then it's up 2 u to decide if u wanna leave or stay :)

• If you feel like this is best for you then move out

What Girls Said 1

• You should move if that's what you want.