Why did "conservatives" support someone like this?

Why did

It is actually a symbol of heritage, and the dream of southern independence... but hey, let's have some revisionist history! Why not? Can't this loser go away? He lost the easiest election against an incumbent in modern history, and statements like that show what an epic fail that pick was.

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally do not think Mitt Romney and his supporters are real conservatives.

What Girls Said 2

• he's actually has a point there.
    Incumbent? :/

• He has a point. The confederate flag does represent the southern heritage. And the southern heritage includes racism. I don't know if you're from the south or not.

• no kiddo... southerner at heart

• Oklahoma... I've seen so many confederate flags that don't even belong. Why like a place that has a history full of racism. ?

• The flag represents the past and the past was nothing but racial superiority

What Guys Said 3

• No one could of one against Obama. Every one wanted the black President legacy; the media was totally biased.

• No. He overpaid his incompetent RINO staff and ran a crap campaign.

• you do not know that. A real candidate who hit Obama HARD and had a lot of real conservative staff would have won

• I doubt it. The entirety of the so called 'unbiased' media was totally pulling for Barack. It was a media gold mine.

• I agree with the Mitt.

• The confederate flag is subjective. So basically what it means depends on the person. Some people think it stands for raciam others for independence. I say lwt the university decide since its on there property.