Girls who complain about the wage gap, are you willing to give up some entitlements?

Are you willing to give up payed maternal leave, or get drafted into the army? I'm not trying to be rude, I would really like to see honest opinions and solutions to this. Women are given many financial breaks not allowed to men by law. If you want equal pay are you willing to give up these entitlements. (Include biased alimony courts as well as this is how many are supported)

• Yes ill give them up for equal pay
  • No I want things to stay the same
  • No I want to keep my entitlements and equal pay
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• Equal pay should be a given. Once guys start giving birth to babies, then we will see real equality but unfortunately we are the ones that have to bear a child for 9 months WHILE working so YA we should get the same about of pay AND maternity leave cuz guess what you can't do SHIT after your just gave birth. have a little empathy and realize that just cuz we get a little extra time off from squeezing something the size of a small volley ball out of our vaginas after nine months of pain and discomfort while all you guys have to do is insert your penis and orgasm inside us and thats it means we are pretty entitled to this time off with equal pay lol

• So you don't believe in true equality? And there are more than just maternal leave.

• Well for one women have never been forced to serve in the military. Insurance in general is much cheaper for women. Women are the receptors of more than 90 percent of alimony payments which they can often live off. In the majority of cases the woman will still be supported by the man through either commitment or law enforced child support payments to a child in which he has no right to. Help centers (specifically those of the financial or housing types) are overwhelmingly designed to benifit females. Court (which cost the perpetrator money) favor women and on average they have less fees and smaller bail payments. Not only this but every man is still expected to work to make his living, but not only are women offered the same opportunities, they also have the choice to be supported. And the gender gap in reality only comes to about 3 cents off the dollar.

• Women aren't forced to serve in the military simple cuz men think we are weaker than them physically. I'd be glad to serve in the military if it were required. In the U. S. no one is required to serve in the military though so for me that isn't really prevalent. 3 cents per hours adds up to a lot after a few years lol i just dont see why women should not get paid the same amount and not be considered as useful in the military as men when we are clearly capable of doing just as good of work as men are. In my opinion, the payment amount should be determined by how well the worker does his or her job and not by something stupid like gender.

What Girls Said 5

• How is maternal leave a "entitlement" ? Women get pregnant and need to take care of their newborns and recover from giving birth ffs. Also it's not just benefiting the mother but the father as well because someone needs to take care of the baby and I promise you it's not going to come cheap if you want to pay someone else to do it for you and nevermind that it's unhealthy too as the baby needs to breastfeed and be taken care of. You obviously have never had a child and can't even grasp the basics. Heck I haven't even had a baby and know these things.

• Actually that is the literal definition of financial entitlement. They are entitled to money, while not working, to raise a child. The questions was not whether it should be gotten rid of or not, it was would you trade the 3 cents wage gap for maternal leave and other breaks afforded specifically to women.

• No I won't because I need money just as much for the same amount of work. I can't help that I might have a family and need to take time out to look after my newborn.

• You do realize that men also have a part in making children, right? so when a woman takes maternal leave it's for the sake of a man's child as well.

I'm going to be honest, I don't know much about the "wage gap", I kind of feel like if a place is hiring then they most likely have a set salary or pay for people with certain experience or typically ask what people would like to be paid. And it's probably not likely that they just change that as soon as a woman applies for the job instead of a man.

• "Entitlements"? Financial breaks? Have you heard of the pink tax, friend?

• 80 percent of money (commercially, not including government infrastructure etc,) is spent on women. The pink tax is insignificant compared to financial breaks women are given in other areas.

• Men and Women's brains actually are wired differently so that "we" are more proficient at different jobs. That's a a we, you even wrote it in your direct quote.
      A rule is defined by the majority. As a general rule men the average man would be better At both of those jobs then rhe average woman. You offering a personal anecdote that may or may not be true

• Uh huuuuuh. Anything else you want to backtrack about?

• last time I checked at least I could be wrong but men do not have to carry a tiny human which will be pushing its way out of our vaginas in 9 months. Plus maternity leave benefits the man to we should be getting paid maternal leave because it costs 10,000 on average to raise a newborn. The ONLY reason why women are not required to sign up for the draft is because men think we are physically weaker I would be glad to serve my country when called upon. However we have not had a draft since the 70's. And I believe equal pay for equal work was in the no shit Sherlock act of 2000 and always.

• This all comes down to the employers. Who sounds more attractive as a prospect. Someone who might be doing NO work

• For how many months they get off of maternal leave, or the person who can work when they need to work with not risk of becoming what equates to a financial black hole.

• First of all paided maternity can be shared between both parents. She can take the first 6months and dad can take the next 6months if both parents decide to do so. So that point isn't valid. Women weren't even allowed to join the military outside of being a nurse or secretary until recently and even still the discrimination for women joining is still at a high so that point isn't valid either.

• But whether a is part of a family is completely up to the woman. He has no right to the child and if needed, the father will be forced to support the child by law. The amount if financial support legally allowed to women compared to men is undeniably skewed in the favor of women. As for the military women are given much less discrimination in many areas. While they don't see combat, women's PT standards are much lower. A women will only join the military by choice. That choice is not available to men.

• Actually if the child lives with the father the mother pays support...

• Yay for equality. Statistically speaking the amount of women who pay child support compared to the amount of men who pay child support is completely skewed in the favor of woman because of biased custody courts. female to male alimony payments are insignificant compared to the inverse.

What Guys Said 8

• most places don't have paid maternity leave. so women aren't really entitled to it

• I think women deserve option C

• There hasn't been a draft since '72. Last I checked, men do not experience pregnancy, nor give birth, nor breastfeed. I think maternal leave is pretty fair.

• There's not a draft anymore... And what about maternity leave? Really? Shall she give birth in the lobby and recooperate on-the-job? What do you want from the poor girl?

• Don't women join the army already?

• But they are not drafted. They join only by choice, while men are not given a choice if the situation warrants. Women almost never see combat either

• We have no idea what it feels like to function right after having a child, bro.

• girls need that man to make more.

girls need that man to pay for the bills, while she uses her money to pay for clothes.

• See and everyone laughed at Bruce Jenner smart SOB.