What do Christians believe about God?

What do they believe about God

Most Helpful Girl

• I see from the comments your issue is the trinity. Trinity is just a way of describing the dimensions of God. Analogies can be helpful. I'll use the sun analogy.

The sun has three parts: the fiery ball mass, the light, and the heat.
    -the mass is like the father
    -the light is like the son. father begets son as the fiery mass begets light
    -the heat is like the holy spirit. holy spirit proceeds from father and son as heat proceeds from the mass and the light

Yet it's one. I hope that makes some sense.

What Guys Said 10

• It is just their belief system and they choose to have faith in it, the same way others believe in their faith.

• They cherry-pick the stuff they like in the Bible but ignore the rest. They are against gay marriage, for example, cause the Bible says so but they don't support stoning people for working on Sunday or wearing mixed fabrics, which are just some of the weird "sins".

There are also many contradictions in Christianity. God is presumed to be just AND merciful but that is just logically impossible. If we take a rapist for example: either he's sent to hell for his sins (just God) or he's forgiven (merciful God) but you can't have both, can you?

They also tend to believe stuff that is in direct opposite of scientific evidence we have, like evolution and history of Cosmos.

• Actually being a Jehovah's Witness we have a greater knowledge of the bible if you actually read the bible you would find that it actually says only a chosen few go to heaven and the rest either just stay dead (not in hell there is no hell) or are eventually resurrected on a paradise earth. So the good get eternal life in paradise and the bad are just dead so both just and merciful.

• @tvorhall

Don't you see the problem that there are thousands of denominations of Christianity? All believe that they got it right and the others are wrong but you all have the same source, the Bible. How do you know your version is true and, say, Calvinists are wrong?

If an almighty being created (or guided men to create) the Bible he is either less capable to write a novel then G. R. R. Martin (hell, even Danielle Steel makes more sense with her works) or he's non-existent. You must keep in mind that the Bible is meant to be a guide to our lives so I really don't get how people can take it seriously due its logical fallacies and inconsistencies.

• I believe in one God,
    the Father almighty,
    maker of heaven and earth,
    of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
    the Only Begotten Son of God,
    born of the Father before all ages.
    God from God, Light from Light,
    true God from true God,
    begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
    through him all things were made.
    For us men and for our salvation
    he came down from heaven,
    and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
    and became man.
    For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
    he suffered death and was buried,
    and rose again on the third day
    in accordance with the Scriptures.
    He ascended into heaven
    and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    He will come again in glory
    to judge the living and the dead
    and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
    who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
    who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
    who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
    I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
    and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
    and the life of the world to come. Amen.

• I was Christian once. I asked myself the same question and realized that none of it made any sense to me. So I stopped believing.

• Whatever is in the bible

• IAM having trouble understanding the trinity

• What is the original language of the bible?

• I honestly don't know but I think the torah predates it and it was possibly originally written in hebrew of arabic or even an ancient language no longer spoken as Christianity was a very small minority at the beginning and its made up of many parts of other religious texts too

But even minor details can have huge differences of interpretation for example the use of the word "for" as in Jesus died for your sins.

In ancient times for pretty much just meant because or because of.

Christians believe this means that Jesus died to sacrifice himself thus absolving human kind of its sins and letting people have a clean slate as long as they accept Jesus. Christian call this being "saved".

But the reality is that Jesus saying he died FOR your sins really meant that he died because of everyone's sins and its basically everyone else's fault that he died.
      A mere rant in the throws of death.

• If you ever want to learn. You could just go to a Kingdom Hall ( Jehovah's Witness church) it's completely free they don't pass around a basket and everyone will welcome you with open arms. If you listen to what the speaker is saying it should start to make sense ( we don't believe in the trinity but if you want information about it they can help you understand that as well)

• Thank you for being so kind :) will do

• K cool tell me what you think if you decide to go to a meeting.

• That God exist and his word is true.

• Prepare for some really long opinions from the thumpers O_o

• Lol I really want to know more and detailed explanations

• Well I'm not sure where you live, but I am going to church in about 5 hours. Try going too =]

• They exists :/

• A lot of shiz went down with him and earth between around 2000 B. C. and around 100 A. D. then he kind of tapered off humanity past that point and just chucked in some miracles here and there for the last 1900 years...

What Girls Said 6

• ur asking us to summarise our faith?
    this is so broad lol, i dont get what u want to know.

• I understand everything but I get lost when it comes to the trinity

• ( sorry if this offends anyone) in my opinion the trinity is a load of crap. If God and Jesus are one and the same how when Jesus was baptized did God say this is my son whom I have approved and how can Jesus be his son if their the same entity

• not offended. if u dont understand it, it's a load of crap, so i feel for u.
      well, think of my analogy. water, ice and gas. can u not see them at the same time, even though theyre made of the same substance? @tvorhall

• That he exists.

• Well of course lol 😂😂

• It differs, personally I am an atheist. But I do have many christian friends.
    Well , they believe that god is creator of the universe. He is the all knowing, and a loving god. Christians have the bible. Some believe everything what is in the bible literally, and some believe it metaphorically, (jesus walks on water, water is fear, jesus overcomes fear) If you want to know more, just ask

• God is the creator of all things. Jesus is my lord and savior I believe Jesus died on the cross and rose again.

• We believe that there's one God. That Christ Jesus is the son of God. that the bible is the word of God. That even though we fall short of his glory His forgiveness will never fail

• There's sects within the Christian religion so each one has different beliefs. So to know what Christians beliefs are you'd need to be more specific. i. e. Catholic, Baptist , etc etc