What do defenders of the confederate flag have to say about Dylan roof and others like him?

I hear so many talk about how the confederate being part of southern tradition blah blah, but those who claim its not racist never speak out against those who are racist and fly the flag. Will the so called confederate states of america speak out against dylan roof ? NO. Don't try to claim that they are flying a different flag and not the official flag I heard that lame ass excuse too many times. How many agree that the confederate states of america should speak out publicly about what dylan roof did and furthermore SPEAK OUT against racists misrepresenting their flag that they claim isn't racist? If supporters of this lame ass flag say speaking out against it won't do no good, they're just giving a lame ass excuse

• Yes they should speak out against it since they're trying to sell the idea that it isn't racist to non whites
    100% (1)60% (3)67% (4)Vote
  • No because its not racist . so what our flag is the only flag that known admitted racists fly non whites should embrace and tolerate racism
    0% (0)40% (2)33% (2)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
0|6

Most Helpful Guy

• More than just representing slavery, it represents a thought process that the US as a whole country is less important than slavery. It represents a departure from American ideals, and it is the symbol of traitors and scum who would see America divided before they would see their slaves walking free.

0|0
    0|1
    • Just like the American flag is a symbol of traitors to the crown.

• I suppose so, if you consider the democratic ideals of the US equivalent to the monarchy of 18th century Britain. We left Britain because our rights were being trampled on. The South left preemptively because they thought that they would lose their slaves. They were right, but it took 3 years for the Emancipation Proclamation to be written, when secession happened only a few months after Lincoln's election.
      We are traitors to the crown, and the crown doesn't matter anymore because it is defunct. The idea that all men are created equal is one that gained a following in the US, but it transcends our nation. Freedom will always matter, and that is why the ideals of southerners back in the 1860s will always be regarded with disgust.

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.

What Guys Said 5

• As a Canadian, I'm not obligated to speak out against other Canadians. No one's obligated to do shit because you feel like they should. How is any flag affecting you directly?

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of flags and symbols are misrepresented it is sometimes hard to stay true when you know a backlash of vitriol is coming.

0|0
    0|0
  • The flag represent approval of slavery

0|1
    0|0
  • the flag itself is racist

0|1
    0|0
  • What about racist Americans who fly the Stars and Stripes?

0|0
    0|0