What comes to mind when you think of The Netherlands; my country?

Thanks for your answers so far, it's a fun read!

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad is 100% dutch my great grandparents immigrated here when the Netherlands joined the allies and Hitler cut off food supplies to the Netherlands as punishment but my mom is mixed making me 50% dutch but whenever people ask where ancestors came from I just say the Netherlands because on my moms side I am not sure where my ancestors came from plus my dad is quite tall (5'11") my mom is short making me 5'3"
    plus I love dairy products red tulips are my favorite flower because they are dutch and red is my favorite color and I would to go back there. one of these days when I have money right?

• Have you visited before?

• no someday when i have money i will. My great grandparents come from Friesland also called Frisia specifically

What Girls Said 12

• I spent my 18th birthday in the Netherlands, so that's obviously what comes to mind. 😛 I was mainly in Eindhoven. There were bikes fucking everywhere.. nice people.. clean.
    Also Amsterdam, drugs and prostitutes naturally comes to mind.

• I think of awesome people. One of my best friend growing up was from the Netherlands. Her mom was awesome and I loved her. They had a bunch of parties where they invited other Dutch immigrant friends and it was really fun. All of them were extremely nice.

• Tulips
    Clogs
    Windmills
    Pretty flowers
    Amsterdam
    Anne Frank

• Windmills, clogs and flooding.

• I just love your milk products. Especially yoghurt drinks
    And tulips of course <3

• Yeah our dairy industry is huge for such a small country. Good to hear you're enjoying us. :P

• Hot guys
    Dutch
    And gorgeous scenery

• Neymar (the soccer player?) I don't know why.

• Not sure as I'm not so fond of soccer. Many know Van Persie though!

• the wind mill
    Amsterdam
    very tall guys
    drugs everywhere

• Even Dutch girls are tall, quite a few as tall as me (5'9") and my ex was 6'1" :p

And yeah my city is loaded with drug shops.

• windmills, wooden shoes, tulips, weed, cheese :D amsterdam

• River of bikes.

• Windmills and weed.

• orange, coffee shops, wind mills, wooden shoes, abortion clinics, party, Dutch music, Sinter Klaas, Amsterdam, caravans, ...

• ... tulips, monarchy, the sea, the voice of...

What Guys Said 18

• Good cycle ways for push bikes in Amsterdam.
    Lots of people riding push bikes.
    Tall men and women.
    Lots of blonde haired girls?

• I think of all the people from the Netherlands on this site and this question: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1389404-what-do-you-know-about-the-netherlands

• Well... the Netherlands.. the driving is TERRIBLE, there is a LOT of bureaucracy whenever you deal with the government in ANY way..., there are only little mom and pop shops so you will lack for some of the essentials living there, customer service in everything is lacking, but the people are nice and it is quaint there. I wouldn't live there myself but it is fun for a short visit.

• You pretty much nailed it. People here c think they're the best damn driver every time.

• Are you from outside Europe? Traffic in Europe is generally a lot more hectic.

• I am from the US but lived in Europe for a long time. UK, Belgium, Germany, Italy. Travelled in all the countries in Europe . I had a company there

• Arjen Robben flopping in the World Cup vs Mexico mainly because a Mexican friend of mine never stops talking about it and how he swears they would of went on and placed in the tournament lol

• Great football nation - Best country to have never won world cup

• Thanks man. We came very close at times but alas! Though we're making up for it by Ice Skating really fast. ;)

• Dikes bikes drugs beautiful girls. Hagelslag! The sense of humour. The porn. My friend who lives there. Canals. Yellow and blue trains.

• Copy and past from a previous question.

Amsterdam
    Windmills
    High quality cheese
    Bikes everywhere
    Weed
    prostitutes
    Rough language and rough accent
    Cows
    Famous football players like Robin Van Persie and Wesley Sneijder.

• Very good! And yeah I guess our language does sound rough because it's a bit like German in some ways. Apparently very difficult to master, too.

• Yeah, German language is really rough too, I know that for a fact since I'm learning it.

• It has the advantage that more people speak it and it's a bit easier to learn in terms of grammar, I think. Dutch grammar has so many rules and exceptions that I honestly don't know them all.

• Windmills, Marijuana bars and prostitutes xD

• That kid with the nerve to stick a finger in the dyke's hole.

• Clogs
    Cheap heroin.
    Doing cheap heroin whilst wearing clogs.

• I'm going to be in Amsterdam in a few weeks.

• TALL PEOPLE...

• Robben

////

• He also my country comes to my mind

• Robin van persie wesley snijder

• Hookers and Red Light District.

• Arjen Robben

• Weak men, windmills.

• Hmmm, weak men... I must say that I do see tons of twiggy teenagers when I'm in the city if you mean that.