Philisophical question: Do you think everybody is capable of murder?

I personally believe that everybody is capable, as long as the right (or wrong) buttons are pushed. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is a distinct difference between murder and killing. I think everyone is capable of killing. But murder is different. I don't believe everyone is capable of murder.

• I had not considered this one. There is a difference in killing someone out of rage in a spur of the moment or actually planning to murder someone and going through with it. You are absolutely right, enjoy your MHO. :)

What Girls Said 5

• Perhaps... if my life was in danger or a loved one's life then I might be able to do it.

• Yes. I think anyone can commit murder. Maybe not always intentionally but anger can make people do a lot of things they otherwise wouldn't mean.

• I'm pretty sure they are, human beings are selfish and still act very instinctively, when threatened or it a situation where it's either you or them, I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't even hesitate

• Yes. I read this title on an article once, "It's not what makes them kill but what STOPS them from killing."

• Everyone has their limits, when those limits are broken, people become something they never imagined. Sometimes is good, sometimes is bad.

What Guys Said 6

• Everyone has the capacity to do horrible things whether they believe it or not, especially murder/killing. Strong emotions like rage and strong connections like a wife, sibling, family or girlfriend tend to override logic, reasoning and sometimes our own movements, most people don't think they have it in them, but when your pushed far enough killing is as easy as breathing.

Having already killed animals I wouldn't find it that difficult to do it if I actually had to, people who have never killed something before like an animal on purpose, would have a bit more difficulty but under the right circumstances would, and in a life or death situation were either you kill or you die survival instincts kick in and you act off of natural instinct which includes killing as it is a natural part of life, from killing a insect, to an animal for clothing or food and people either because we have to or because we want to. The capability is in each and everyone of us whether we want to admit or not all it takes is the right trigger.

• Well, as long as they have an arm to hold a weapon, i would assume everyone is physically capable of killing another person?

• Under the right circumstances, yes. People kill if they are threatened and there is no other alternative.

• yes if threatened

• No, only certain people are capable of committing actual murder.

Almost everyone has thought to themselves at least once "I'm going to kill them" but have not acted upon it.

• Yeah, I agree.