What did you want to be when you grew up?

What did you want to be when you grew up? Is that still what you want? And what are you doing now?

When I was a kid I wanted to become a marine biologist, now I want to become a professional photographer and work for National Geographic. Sadly though that's not what I'm doing right now, right now I'm enlisted and using my off time to build a portfolio and become a better photographer

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to want to be a vet, then an oceanographer, (when I was little) now I'm just photographing and slightly waiting to make money off my landscapes, till then I do portraits

• That's awesome!!! I finally sold my first print about a month or so ago!! I can't do portraitures to save my life though =/. The only thing I ever have had an eye for was landscapes, I'm trying to learn how to take portraits though, my angles are all off though, definitely something I need more practice with

• What's DM? I won't lol, have my own to use

• DM is direct message, like I tried to message you on your profile, but it wouldn't let me, so I was saying for you to try and message me

What Girls Said 10

• I wanted to be famous, drive nice cars, and wanted to have boobies...

Just kidding.. lol. I wanted to be a doctor. I'm a bit side tracked and now am working on becoming a psychologist.

• i wanted to be a vet. now I'm pursuing teaching.

• I wanted to be like Willy Wonka and own my own crazy candy factory. Now I just want to own my own bakery/sweets shop, and I know it's not that much of a change when it comes to what I want to do, but I really like sweets. Unfortunately I'm doing neither right now.

• I wanted to be a scientist and invent cures for diseases and help humanity. Ah so much wasted potential :D A little later I also wanted to be a marine biologist, now I'm studying political science... Plan to start my own business soon. I wish I could contribute somehow to make the world a better place though.

• That's still pretty awesome though! (: What kind of business would you start?

• When I was really young I wanted to work at Wendy's lol 😂 now I want to be either a bestselling author or I kinda think I'd be a good stand up comedian. I don't know I like to make people laugh 😂 I suppose I could be both 🙇🏻 and then if those careers fail which knowing my luck they will I'll be a music teacher bc why not?

• I wanted to be a teacher when I was a kid. Guess as I grew up things changed and I realized teaching really doesn't suit me (I've worked as a kindergarten teacher's assistant) and my personality. So to answer your second question, no that's not what I want to be now, nor will I want it in the future. I'm still a student currently but working hard to achieve my goals and my ambition.

• I wanted to be an astronaut. Crazy me, lol.

• An author. Still working on it.

• When I was really young I wanted to be a vet and a ballerina (I wanted to become prima ballerina). I stopped wanting to be a vet but my dreams for being a ballerina were later crushed

• Ugh oh, how so?

• Wow, that's kinda harsh =/

• It wasn't, she was just being realistic with me so I didn't waste my time.

• a doctor then a actor.

What Guys Said 9

• A master classical oil painter and a soldier, two things I still plan on becoming someday, the painter thing more so because I am an apprentice under my father a master oil painter. But I am also writing poetry and gathering enough for a book in my spare time and becoming a professional trainer, in addition to bettering myself through martial discipline via martial arts kenjutsu, zen meditation and bodybuilding.

• Scientist.. Now on my way to become an engineer.

• wanted to be the President of this country, from what I see what has happened, Im glad I went with my 2nd choice.. law.

• Filmmaker. Still what I want to be. I make short movies on the weekend. During the week I direct a morning newscast and review movies on the morning news, so it's at least somewhat related

• That's awesome man. You sound almost exactly like one of my friends, he's a director of some short films, and acts as well. Hell of a job, major props to you

• I thought about being a career in medicine but I realized at 18 I dislike healthcare and I like science instead.

• So what do you do now?

• I also like writing and I want to be a poet on the side...

• Dude, that's awesome, best of luck to you

• I wanted to be a scientist or an engineer

• An orthopedic doctor, but now I wanna study astrophysics or mechanical engineering

• I want to be happy.

• That ship has sailed for me