Why is it when good things happen God is praised, but when bad things happen, God isn't held accountable?

Man survives car crash, praises God. Baby dies during miscarriage, people say it's a tragedy.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's weird, but miscarriages have their blessings. We often see tragedy as misfortune, but without the social treatment I had in my youth, I wouldn't have stood for those who still went through what I did or had the friends I had. I have friends, a couple, whom had a miscarriage. They suffered together, but they grew closer, and now have a happy healthy son. We don't know the good or can't call anything good without tragedy, but in reality, through tough times, sad times, rough times and scary times, all times are good times if you pay attention.

What Girls Said 10

• Because people like to treat God like he's Santa Claus instead of understanding who he truly is.

People like to assume that God causes or doesn't prevent certain circumstances... but the truth is, no one has any idea what God did or didn't do directly.

God isn't up there pulling strings. He gave us all free will to choose... and sometimes those choices are poor choices and cost us greatly. Should we blame God or "hold him accountable" because WE messed up? Would you hold a father or mother accountable if their 30 year old son got drunk and crashed his car into a preschool killing a bunch of kids? Of course not. So why hold God accountable when bad things happen due to our bad choices?

In order to understand the answer to your question, you have to identify all of God's characteristics and understand him as he truly is; not the mythical and misrepresented person many have turned him out to be.

• who said? who said people dont get angry with God sometimes? who said people dont acknowledge that God permits bad things to happen in our lives?

dont make up shit yeah? we dont hold him accountable, but we do get upset of course. u can't hold someone who is so just accountable for anything. if u dont get that, nothing else will make sense.

• My mother recently gave birth to my stillborn baby brother. Do I blame God? No. Maybe my brothers life on earth would have been miserable, maybe my parents couldn't handle having a baby at this moment in time. Either way, when a tragedy happens I'm sure there's a reason for it. I don't see death as a bad thing. My brother went straight to heaven and missed out on all of the hardships he may have experienced during his life.
    When I die, I don't expect people to be sad or blame God because I'll be in a better place.

• i think.. if bad things would not happen.. who would appreciate the good ones? no light without darkness... no happiness without despair..

• God has a right to take away life because He created life and we are grains of dust in His eyes so God is not blamed when bad things happen to us. Also He is holy and we are mere mortals.

• Actually some people blame the devil for bad things or they tend to say or think that they should not question God for bad things and just accept it as part of his plan. I personally don't blame or praise God for anything that happens in my life because we are the only ones with power to control our lives.

• Cognitive dissonance. When people passionately believe in something, they will create dumb loopholes in order for their beliefs to fit.

• The soul of the baby wanted to leave or the body too weak to carry it. God has nothing to do with that.

• That's exactly what I've always thought. Every time something bad happens he made it happen and allows it to happen. Which is pretty fucked up

• Who knows? But you've gotta good point.

What Guys Said 13

• I haven't got a clue. They tend to blame "Satan" or the original sin, even though Satan is supposedly busy chillin' at the depths of Hell, while according to that world view, God is the one responsible for everything, including everything that sucks.

• I don't believe in God.. So this isn't even relevant to me.
    If something bad happens I don't blame God I blame the culprit.
    If something good happen I don't praise God, I praise the person who made the good thing happen.

• Would you praise god for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EEpxTB7YDU

• George Zimmerman says killing Trayvon Martin was part of God's plan : fox2now.com/.../

• Deliberately? Satanists thus? That's a new POV on racist killings.

• A very good point

• god herself is so perfect even herself can't be perfect. Therefore god is so unperfect it makes her perfect.

Its like Nintendo fanboys. Nintendo fanboys will never criticize Nintendo even if a game is bad or overly recycled. its the same with the nut christans. They just can't see the flaws in their god.

• Not in Islam we praise God for everything

• Gotta cut a G some slack son.

• Because confirmation bias. People don't want to face the fact that their supposed god might not be as good as they think.

• No where in the bible does it say that things will be easy just because you believe in God. Its quite the opposite. Jesus warned people that life won't be easy.

• One thing many people fail to realize is that the ONLY thing that God gives directly to us are good things. a lot (not all) of the bad we experience in life is the result of our own actions. In other words, we bring it upon ourselves. All too often, people perceive God as a puppet master instead of a father. He does not control life, He gives it freely and wants you to make your own decisions, live your own life, etc. He doesn't want minions, toys, or puppets. No, God wants children, friendship, and love. I hope I have answered your question? I wish you the best and Godbless...

• Religious people are stupid filth, what do you expect?

• Eh, just stupid, indoctrinated religious people...

• cause "everything good and perfect is a gift that comes from aove, the Father of heavenly lights". evil and misfortunes are prducts of sin and alienation from God, not a godly creation... .

• also death and life are sacred mysteries in the theological sense. the very separation of the soul from the human body, is a mystery that happens in an unknown way, and unknown time for unknown reasons. its a complete mystery.

• You dont want to understand as you are athiest and are passive agreesive.

• Good job, look at how many religion haters you got out to spread the word. I bet you are gay and furious over religion, seems like gays hate it the most and a normal athiest just doesn't care because it desnt affect them.