Has your gender ever stopped you from doing something?

Just curious.

Most Helpful Guy

• Crying.. Have to avoid doing that in front of anybody.. ANYBODY.. just to avoid the shame. Don't cry a lot. But I do remember having spent my birthday crying on my toilet seat because I missed her. Missed her smile.. missed her voice. Wished she would be besides me on my birthday to cut the cake. But just coz I am a guy, I stopped myself from telling anyone this. Just went to the bathroom, closed the door and cried my eyes out so that no one ever comes to know.

What Guys Said 11

• I am trying to think but I can't think of a occasion I was blatantly stopped maybe on occasions I thought better of doing something because I was a man.

• telling myself it's ok to be weak.

• Ok, thanks but weak in what context? Physically, emotionally, intellectually, etc.

• Weak in the mindset. Nobody will hold my hands.

I gotta fix my problems myself, and not expect help. Crying solves nothing. Of course it's hard, of course sometimes you reach a limit and feel like bursting, but giving up is the real failure.

People who want something find ways, people who don't want it find excuses. During times I found difficult, I didn't chose to curse the world or people. That's the cowards way.
      That's why I have a hard time with people who have a "weak" attitude and may appear as some asshole sometimes.

It's like it's insulting because when I had the same problems I didn't get to fuckin cry so why would you?

• Going into the girl's locker room?

• Nope. my gender doesn't stop me from doing anything
    if i feel like cooking, cleaning, washing dishes, doing
    laundry i do it i don't care..

• Yes menstruating.

• No periods and can't use tampons

• Yeap, it prevented me from ever having periods.
    I'm thankful for that.

• Well it's stopped me from having sex with straight guys.

• Having multiple orgasms. Why? Why can't we?

• Having a period

• Living a happy life?

What Girls Said 5

• Up to this moment in time.. NO/NEVER.. And I have absolutely no intentions of ever letting it do so.

• A lot of things. For one going into a men's restroom lol. Jk but anyways I remember I wanted to try out for the football team when I was in like 5th grade (because I like football) except I got too scared because some of the boys didn't take me seriously when I said I was going to so I'm like "eh screw it". Also another football thing my dad always takes two people from my family to go to a football game (because they have season passes) and he always takes my two male cousins and sometimes my brother but I'm too scared to ask because my one cousin said I wouldn't enjoy it bc I'm a girl so I never yeah. In gym class is bad too. When we were playing basketball none of the guys passed to any of the girls on any of the teams. But yeah I guess that's just some things :)

• Given your age, these things are likely to change. I've been to a football match with my dad & brothers but the language can sometimes be eye-opening ! Hopefully, you will get another chance to try out for the football team.

• Haha I think it's a little too late for me now but thanks :)

• Travelling alone.

• Thanks. Yes, this can be a tricky one. I have travelled alone but only to meet someone on the other end. However, I would love just to fill up a backpack and travel around the world taking it all in and, hopefully, making friends along the way.

• Me too. Hopefully we would be able to do so.

• Never I don't think so

• It has stopped me from walking around campus alone at night. I guess that may have more to do with my sex, though, since girls are biologically smaller and weaker than guys. Of course there are exceptions.

My gender has stopped me from leaving the house without makeup. Beauty standards for girls in the US are ridiculous.