Should white Americans help out the Native American Community?

I visited my a native American reserve to see my friend and their houses are ting shacks and caravans with more than 6 people in them. I felt really bad for them and my friend told me that many of them die young. The land there is difficult to grow anything.

Which got me thinking, should we help them as we did steal their land and kill their people. I know we can't change the past but we can make a better future.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe the "Native Americans" came across the land bridge between Asia and America and wiped out the indigenous people, claiming the land for themselves. It might not make things ok but it shows how history repeats itself.

• No, records show they settled there. Also that doesn't justify what was done to them.

• I already said it didn't justify it.

• It's not evidently conclusive but what is conclusive is their bad living conditions caused my the white man. We need to help, take responsibility for a better future.

What Girls Said 3

• Do they own their land? You can give some food for starters, a homemade meal whenever you visit them.

• Yeah they should. They dont get enough from the government as far as Ik.

• I guess we should help them... It would be nice. But some of us are poor too and also need help.

What Guys Said 2

• Was there not talk of reparations at one stage?

• They live off the land, they don't need help. If they wanted more mainstream success, they could get it... hell, they get free college. They choose to live that way.