Is the food in the T. V shows and movies real food that the actor's and actresses eat?

I always wondered this if the food is actually really cause sometimes I will see them taking a tiny bit bite out or they will drink alcohol and I wondered if its actually alcohol they are drinking.

Most Helpful Girl

• In commercials, usually no

In tv shows and movies sometimes, and no they don't generally give the actors/actresses alcohol.

In Downton Abbey all the food is real, and when they drink I believe it's like juice or water and stuff

• Thanks ^_^ are you an actress?

• Your never a nuisance your breath of fresh air ^_^

• Yay, I'm fresh air :'D

Most Helpful Guy

• the food is real. the alcohol more often than not isn't real. on some shows they may be drinking an actual beer but they won't drink more than a sip

What Girls Said 2

• I assume the alcohol is water - the food might be real, I don't know.

• Skinny TV hosts take those bites so people will cook it, see it's good and keep watching their show. But I bet you that's the only bite they eat lol Psychological games I tell you!

What Guys Said 2

• I am fairly sure it is alcohol free because if it was a heavy drinking scene, the actor would get drunk and not be reliable

• Some of them just pretends to eat it