If you could change the internet what would you change?

inb4 "you"

Most Helpful Girl

• I have thought of this, so bear with me, because it's a bit serious.

There should be some way to create accountability on social sites, and protect people permanently on bank sites and any site you have credit card information. My ex stalked me for 4 years online simply by creating new accounts everywhere with different usernames because it's too easy to make multiple emails for free. Each time I blocked him, poof - he'd show up again. I think if I don't want to ever have someone find me, I should have the ability to block an internet individual IP number, which will take care of any and all emails he would ever send, block all accounts he makes up on every site. So if there is some fluke way he showed up on GaG, my blocking his individual ID number (kind of like a serial number) means I don't even see him whatsoever, and he can't see me. The catch is you need to apply for it like a social security number, and only one person can have one number. If you sign up for a hundred different gmail accounts, your number is attached to each one. If you have more than one Facebook, your number is there. No more sock puppet accounts to create trouble, because sites will see the duplicate and reject the new account.

The police could benefit from this too when people create phone lottery scams, try to find online bullies responsible for suicides, do something illegal online, or whatever, you have your number flagged, so you can't use certain sites, or have it banned, sort of like going to jail. And anywhere you went in the world, this number was yours and you could not have duplicates. Right now, IP blocking is useless because you can just go use the Internet down the block and it changes. It eliminates anonymity, to only the police. If I had this option when I called the police, they could have matched his individual IP number, and accessed mine and put it on a list of "blocking". This way anytime something serious happens, you can still use sites like GaG anonymously, but if you request to an admin that you're being harassed you can file it with them and they have a team of people who help block the individual IP from your account or your individual IP on the site.

I don't mean this to be used as a tracker or big brother, because if you go on sites just to view, like porn, big deal. It's when you make accounts for the purpose of interacting with others that the number must be entered.

• That's a really good idea in my opinion, there's easy ways to change your IP, dynamic, proxies and more, but if you are to block lets say a permaIP which only certain people can get then that would be good, kind of like a PC motherboard IP but attached to them perma

• Yes, and you couldn't steal others IDs. So, for example, my ex lived with his mom. If he tried stealing her number to go online, found me and bothered me with it! I would report it, the site or police could track that he stole her number, and he could be fined for it. Her number could be flagged for being susceptible to fraud by him. (She would freak if she knew he did that.). If he got a friend to make an account with his number and message me, he could be fined, and his friend could be fined with an association to commit fraud. No one is allowed number sharing, no different than using someone's social security. So if his friend emailed or made an account knowing about this term of service, he could refuse to protect his own number. "Dude, I'm not emailing her for you, I'll get caught as soon as she reports it." Overall, it makes everyone accountable.

What Girls Said 3

• How fucken slow the internet is in most places in the world. I would make it so it's super mega fast no matter where your at.

That's a dream I don't think will come true though. :'( Damn money pinching companies. :'(

• Less people messaging me creepy or annoying messages.
    Also better privacy in general.

• I would make it possible to live in the interwebs

What Guys Said 8

• I would send all of the people who only want to discuss their personal crazy cause to another internet, to happily debate amongst themselves, completely separate from the main one.
    I'm just fed up of militant femenists, crazy men's rights advocates, muslim extremeists, christian fundamentalists, athiesits, progressives, conservatives, and nutters trying to convert people, and using the internet as an echo box from which to stage their various nut-jobbery.
    To be allowed onto the main internet you will have to pass a simple comprehension test to prove that you can understand that people can have differing points of view, without being automatically 'evil' in some way.

• Want the ability to not be able to put down ANY hateful shit. No homophobic, transphobic, racist, or downright ignorant usernames, pages, forums, blogs, comments, accounts, websites, and anything of the like are allowed. If you constantly attempt it, or do put down something as such, your whole IP address is banned, device banned, everything banned. We don't need people spewing hatred over the internet, lets try spreading some damn peace and common sense. This is coming from someone who receives all types of shit online when I'm just trying to enjoy myself and I wouldn't wish the bullshit I receive to my worst enemy. If you can't say something you'll say online to a persons face, don't put it online.

• The theme lf the entire internet such like: the matrix emerged yourself with the internet like an online game but interactive and view every website and virtually see everyone viewing that website in real time.

Imagine 'P*ornhub' hahah all those people having virtual 'wan*ks' 😂😂

• Find someway to control the creeps.

• da ability 2 access any "dead" site just like u did 10 years ago or more

• I would eliminate all porn in the internet

• Higher speed. Higher speed. Higher speed.

• better security