Why are some of the police in America so brutal?

I have just watched a number of youtube clips on police assaulting people for doing absolutly nothing. In the UK this rarely happens but in America it seems a frequent occurance. Why are they sor brutal?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather they are sometimes excessive than do nothing, like in my home country, where you see 4 cops at a bar drinking some coffee or watching the soccer game.
    It's true that some American cops are too excessive, some have reasons, other don't. Some think that because they're the authority they have the right to do whatever they want to you, but that's just a few cases, but no one talks about the good cops because that doesn't bring drama, and people like drama.
    Would you watch a video of a cop that's peacefully talking to a citizen to move away, or would you rather watch a video of a cop that's using excessive force on someone?
    We only talk about what brings drama, and that gives a bad image to the rest of the cops that do a great job at it.

What Girls Said 1

• 1) It's not only in America. Police brutality could happen anywhere.

2) Many reasons. Some of them let the power go to their heads, some are letting their inner feelings come out, others feel justified because they know what the person has done though others may not (I mean, a lot of people would feel differently about a cop beating the shit out of a man and a cop beating the shit out of a man who had raped and killed a 5 year old child).

What Guys Said 3

• I don't actually think it's the majority of officers over there.
    Now the ones who are aggressive are much much more aggressive than the ones in the UK, and I think that has to do with the power of police unions, the powerlessness of the poeple they abuse (lack of social influence and wealth) and a bad philosophy amongst the minority responsible for the violence which has been allowed to fester.

If more people speak about the issue, because it affects everyone in the line of fire, then it will most likely be sorted out.

• As some of the others have said - It happens all over

• humanity has no order...