Someone explain, what is fear?

What truly is fear? What are we afraid of? How and why do we fear things? How do you overcome fear in itself? What's your definition of fear? And what do you yourself fear?

Most Helpful Girl

• Fear is what the devil himself places in us. We can't control it but we can have faith in God. You can't exactly overcome him, all you can do is ignore him no matter how much it hurts. He is just trying to scare us and if you let him he will do it again and again until there is no part of you that is scared of anything. Face the challenges that await you. I am afraid of Swans, bug, the dark at times, wind, heights, the ocean and death. I have face my fears of swans, oceans, the dark and heights. Even though I have faced these fears doesn't mean I still don't fear them. Life can be a hectic mess, but if we are ever in doubt turn to God. Talk to people and face your fears.

What Girls Said 5

• I say fear is a survival instinct. We fear the unknown or confusing because it could be potentially dangerous. I'd say when you're afraid of something, rational or irrational, it's because somewhere in your brain you have placed that thing as dangerous. How you over come fear is to truly understand or learn that the thing you feared isn't life threatening or dangerous. I myself fear a lot of things. Elevators, lightning, being alone... Clowns... The list goes on.

• Fear is a natural response to certain stimuli, usually things that can kill you. It's a life preservation instinct. Fight/flight/freeze response, centred in the limbic system.

• I'm not sure but I think it's a subconscious instinct with the purpose of protecting us - back in the past humans neede fear in order to survive. Usually we fear what we don't know / can't explain.

• I think that fear is something you'll feel deep inside not just in your head but in your heart you'll stars breathing very rapid and feel like choking that's what I knoe I don't know what I'm afraid of maybe rejection

• it is survival instincts.

• How does that explain a weird phobia?

What Guys Said 2

• fear is a surge of andrenaline that does not get released through action - We have top learn not to let it paralyse us - It happens but then brush over it quickly and move on

• Fear or trepidation is nickname of EXAM.