Do you think Money can buy happiness?

Most Helpful Girl

• It can to an extent e. g. buying your dream car or having loads of luxuries would make you happy but only for a while. Eventually those things get boring so you'll need to find something new. But inner happiness can't be bought, UNLESS maybe you're using the money to pay for therapy or something.
    You have to understand that happiness is not a destination because reaching it is impossible, it should be a part of your everyday life..

What Girls Said 12

• Yes, yes it can.. in a way.

• This is a very controversial issue, and people have different opinions. You can't really answer this question, cause money yes can make you happy in terms of material things, but at the same time the answer is no cause you can't buy values, intelligence, health, morals, manners, love and many other things...
    For me the answer is no, cause the most important things in life are thise that cannot be bought.

• Yes.. It can.. It actually can.. U need money to do everything.. Get married, have kids, get ur dream... Everything... Only people who are ignorant say that it doesn't... You cud ask does it take money to see the sunset from my window.. I would answer yea.. Indirectly the house that I'm living is rented... So yea if i never lived in that house i wouldn't be able to enjoy the sunset frm its window...
    It is a very sad truth but u have to admit even to make someone love u.. U need to spend money on dates, unnecessary gifts.. Etc. even education costs money... To make some poor guy happy u offer what? Money. So basically our world revolves around money and it is the truth.. Hope this helped answer ur question.. Tc brother.

• to a very small extent

• Maybe if you spend it on your children, parents or family. Not if you spend it on yourself.

• Money can buy happiness in a short period of time. For example: buying someone a jet ski may make them happy for a short duration but then they want more

• Yes, I'm happiest when my bills are paid & I'm living comfortably & able to do/buy whatever I need/want.

• Money can't buy happiness... it's just fact... it might can make life "easier." And "happy" for a little bit... but, in the end it's just a piece of paper. Love is the better way to happiness.

• It seems to work for my mother. It doesn't work for me though.

• I don't think money can buy happiness

• it absolutely can

• it can up to a range.

What Guys Said 21

• No, it can't. Money can make your life more comfortable but it can't buy you happiness. There are a lot of things that can't be bought with money: an intact, happy family, true friends, the love of your life. Even great sex can't always be bought with money in my opinion (I'm speaking from experience). @JSmith925 said that we wouldn't have all those idols and stars dying of drug overdoses in lonely hotel rooms if money could buy happiness and that's very true. But I think it becomes even more clear when we look at it on a global scale. Think about it, does our society seem happy? I don't know where you live but I come from Switzerland, which is, along with Norway, one of the richest countries (per capita) in the world. Yet, when I walk on the street or when I sit on the bus, I see so many grumpy or sad faces every day. People who are stressed about their jobs, people who try to fill the holes in their hearts by buying useless crap at every corner, people who complain about trivial things such as the train having 2 minutes delay or somebody walking over a red traffic light.
    The sister of a very good friend of mine has spent several months in Africa, in Mozambique. She was working there for a human rights' organization and helping the people. Later, she also taught French to little school children. The people she dealt with in this country had almost no money. To them, this European white woman must have felt like Bill Gates feels to us. Yet, the people in this country she said were very, very happy. Every day they walked around with a smile on their face and a joke on their lips. Some of the little children played with toys they had built themselves out of trash. It seemed like they had nothing but they were still happy. Things were more unorganized than in Switzerland but the people there just take it in a very laid-back way. So yes, I don't think money can ever buy happiness. It's nice to have a comfortable life with a tv and computer and food on the table every day but it's not what makes us happy. If you enjoy reading, I have a recommendation for you. There is an absolutely adorable and pretty famous book by a French guy called François Lelord. The book is called "Hector et la recherche du bonheur" or the English version: "Hector and the search for happiness". It's about a psychiatrist who realizes that he just can't make his patients happy, whatever he does. So he travels out to the world to find out why people are happy and what creates happiness.

• I could not have said this better. BlueCoyote is very observant and he is spot on.
      JSmith

• haha, you're probably not going to believe me. I started as a engineer for a sugar plant and now have my own business in engineering and i run an investment firm and in total i'm roughly worth about 34.2 million usd. And it was great initially, i have everything but there was still a gaping hole in my heart until one day when i met the girl that i love so much (really that much) that all the money i made means nothing (zilch) to me. You know what i look forward to everyday i wake up is just being with her and seeing her smile. Yes money does bring a little comfort, but for me i'll trade every cent i have to spend one heartbeat with her:):) Chase happiness

• Nope.

If anything, I think there's a point of diminishing returns with wealth, to the point where it becomes a hindrance.

• Yes it totally can, if it's used for the right things. What usually brings people happiness in life is great experiences and doing what they love. Well, if money can help you find those great experiences (vacations, for example) or help you do what you love (buy stuff for hobby) then yes, money can buy you happiness.

• No definitely not

• As Fabolous said in one of his songs:

"Money can't buy happiness, but It's a damn good down payment".

#ProfDonForAdmin

• Money can buy security
    it can also buy opportunity, opportunity=success
    success=fulfillment

Fulfillment= Self confidence
    Self confidence=attractive
    Attractive=Pretty ladies

Pretty lady=wife
    wife=family
    family=kids
    Success+Money+wife+kids=happiness

• People think it can but it can't not true happiness anyway.

• No, Money can only buy the materialistic things ( homes, cars, phones, computers, clothes, food... etc) ... Money can't buy sensual things (happiness, love, respect, sadness, hope... etc).

• of course wouldn't have to worry about stupid bills and could get the stuff i want go places i want and do things i want.

• Money can buy
    Comfort
    Power
    Luxury

If shallow things like that make you happy then your definition of happiness is flawed.

• It absolutely can.

• Money can buy pizza and tacos.

If that isn't happiness, then I dunno what is.

• Not directly but you can buy things that can make you happy/happier.

• If it could, we wouldn't have so many of our cultural icons dying alone in hotel rooms of overdose.

• I KNOW it can't buy happiness. People make themselves happy.

• I got the greatest dogs that ever existed with money and they made me truly happy so yes.

• Yes. People just confuse this saying with being a millionaire. You don't need to be rich, but you do need money for security, especially in the U. S where our lives are ruined by one hospital visit. Go unregulated capitalism!

• Ohh yes xD

• In many cases, yes

• No, but it might be able to buy the feeling of security.